Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha! I just got my truck broken into last night. I have a 2000 XE 5SPD. They didn't take anything like stereo or valuables. I did notice these connectors hanging from driver side under the dash (blue/brown) . Can anyone tell me what they connect to???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@butterman2473 I actually think you might be right. Ain't got that cargo lamp on my truck so thats 1 down. @Cid I'm not sure either, but that's closer than I could think of. I don't have a trailer either lol. BIG Thank you guys🙏🏽 definitely eased my mind.

I think what may have happened was. Whoever broke in, had reached his hand under the dash to feel for a key or something I may have hid. In doing so, he knocked those connectors down that I haven't seen before. Making me puzzled for nothing SMH. BIG THANK YOU again guys🤙🏽 appreciate the input.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was just working under my dash and saw at least 2 plugs are unused from the factory. I have an SE so not a lot of options included

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just working under my dash and saw at least 2 plugs are unused from the factory. I have an SE so not a lot of options included
Yea that's what my friend that works at Nissan said. Each model comes with the same harness and connectors regardless if they have those model options or not. It's puzzling and pretty genius at the same time, just in case you wanna add those options later.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Nissan determined it was cheaper to pay an extra $5 per harness for the full monty than to stock different harnesses specifically made for each trim level. Now they have a single harness that covers 15 years of Frontiers.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
3,363 Posts
Nissan determined it was cheaper to pay an extra $5 per harness for the full monty than to stock different harnesses specifically made for each trim level. Now they have a single harness that covers 15 years of Frontiers.
Well....my 2004 with the KA24DE is an exception. The 4 bangers aren't prewired for fogs(not even a empty slot for a fog relay) like the VG33 equipped model.
2021-02-24 07.30.43.png

·
Registered
168 Posts
Almost maybe. If the option were plug & play I would have one of those rear view mirrors with temp. & direction. I think it was brought up a month or so ago that the wiring is not in place for that. But, it's good to know that there are some hookups available.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Almost maybe. If the option were plug & play I would have one of those rear view mirrors with temp. & direction. I think it was brought up a month or so ago that the wiring is not in place for that. But, it's good to know that there are some hookups available.
Now that you mention that, I checked for the same mirror wiring in my 2017 SV. Nothing. I was hoping for temp, compass, and full video, but ended up passing on it and used the radio screen for the backup cam. I stick my hand out the window for the thermometer. Use the sun for a compass.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Now that you mention that, I checked for the same mirror wiring in my 2017 SV. Nothing. I was hoping for temp, compass, and full video, but ended up passing on it and used the radio screen for the backup cam. I stick my hand out the window for the thermometer. Use the sun for a compass.
But how do you know when there's a possible icing situation if your rearview mirror doesn't flash it at you?!?!?!? :LOL: :ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts