Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if this is a quality product. Also wondering what kind of performance gains I could expect from something like this.

From my searches, this is the only after market headers for the 3.3L V6. Am I right? I looked for DT headers, but they're all for the 2nd gens.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I had the ac headers on my 1st gen IMO they are not worth the money. The gains do not equal the $$$ and I had a wicked header tick that I could not get rid of. If you do not need them then I would not get them and spend your money on something else

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Those Doug Thorley ones sound like they'll be a good product. I hope some one grabs a set. $411 and free shipping sounds pretty good to me. It's too bad I'm a broke sob.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
4x4 parts headers

I recently installed the headers from 4x4 parts and I have to tell you, the build quality of the headers is first rate. High quality stainless steel, very thick flanges, and fit like they came from the factory. Buy the CEL eliminators. You get to lose the pre cats at the manifold, and still pass emission tests. You do not have to modify your exhaust system at all. Everything bolts right up. Do get rid of the factory muffler, and put a 50 series Flowmaster in it's place. I sounds great, none of that crappy howling noise you normally hear on an import aftermarket exhaust. It sounds more like a well tuned Porsche, no kidding. Bottom line, spend the extra money. I smile like an idiot every time I start my truck, they are that good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I want em, But cant justfy paying that much for headers. Especially when it makes your truck illegal for street use. Well I guess that why they cost so much. They dont sell enough to lower the price. But still from what I read they just make your truck sound cool. And you have to fork out more money for a muffler.

I found a set for the pathfinder for $175. I think Im going to try that route if I can get the money. I got all my money tied up in my motorcycle right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.