Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serious question. Brand new truck. (<2k miles)

The seat section (where your butt goes) on the drivers side is really saggy. It doesn't fit tight like other vehicles with leather seats I have had.

I am deciding how to approach this with the service manager. I imagine somewhere in the depths of Nissan engineering, there is a spec for this.

Anybody else have this, seen this?

-Z

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yup I've got the same issue with my 2009 Pro-4x seats. It was real bad during the winter but I noticed since things warmed up they've tightened right back up!? They're still pretty sloppy though, far from the fit quality that my old Grand Cherokee leather seats had.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't have a Pro-X4 but a 2010 LE w/leather seats. With a bit over 4K miles in 7 months the seat still looks new - no sagging or misalignment at all. Since I have yet to transport any passengers, the drivers seat and front passenger seat look the same. I think the only difference between the LE and Pro-X4 is the logo embroidered into the upper seatback on the Pro and contrasting stitching.

Could it be the stiffer ride of the Pro-X4 over the LE that might cause the occupant to bounce around more in the seat? Just a thought.

Regards - Mickiemac

·
Registered
24 Posts
Your LE seats are solid are they not?

The Pro-4x leather seats are partly perforated and, at least in my case, only sag in the perforated sections.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The leather seats in my 2010 LE are perforated just as in the Pro-X4 except for the Pro-X4 logo stitched into the upper portion of the front seatbacks on your truck. I think your truck also has contrasting (red?) stitching as well.

I think I have a pic or two of the interior of my truck in my gallery which shows the seats if you care to reference them.

I usually have the back portion of the seat cushion tilted down for comfort - not sure if this would/should make a difference in how the seat would wear or look.

Regards - Mickiemac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts