Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

TWO WORDS, Radflo's suck.

I need to find a replacement for my coilovers as the right front has stuffed the ball and socket, would be easy to fix it they were rubber but silly me thought that a so called quality product would last, but I was wrong. The rears leaked in less than a year and now the fronts are stuffed as well.

I need something that I can use the Eibach springs on.

Do not want to pay a fortune like I did for the Radflo's.

The truck is lifted approximately 1.5". When I first installed the front coilovers they touched the coil buckets so I has to adjust them.

Any suggestions would be greatly apprciated.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Radflo seem to have a quality problem for the last 2 years. You are almost guarantee they will leak with in a year. The good news seem to be once they rebuild them they hold up.

Eibach springs will only work on coilover like radflo, icon, and king. What size do you have? If you have 2.0 radflo's then the coil will not work with the others.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
I know ratsworld is running fox coil over bodys on his rig there are a few other shock builders that you should be able to pick up a shock from and reuse the coils upper mounts and ring on.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Nothings gonna be cheaper than the Rads. Icon come close, and possibly cheaper if on sale somewhere.

Im kinda disapointed to hear you're having problems with the Rads. I just put the 2.0's on my truck. And when you say "stuffed the ball and socket", what do you mean by that. Do you mean the lower coilover mount is gone bad?

Sucks to hear your probs. Maybe call PRG and see if he can help you out, seeing as how they kicked the bucket so quick.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I know ratsworld is running fox coil over bodys on his rig there are a few other shock builders that you should be able to pick up a shock from and reuse the coils upper mounts and ring on.
FOX? Need more info with pic's.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
And when you say "stuffed the ball and socket", what do you mean by that. Do you mean the lower coilover mount is gone bad?
Loop I think you are right. I think he is talking about the mount.

If the bearings are bad then those are replaceable.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I was at Ohlins (only 1/2hr from here) about a year and a half ago and they told me they could build me shocks any size, length I wanted for my truck. I was there to get my Radflos charged up with nitrogen.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I cannot be sure exactly what has failed until I get time to pull the shock out. The issue is that I fly out for the US on Saturday and will not have time to look at it before then. What the dealer told me is that the shock is moving up and down on the mounting bolt. So something must have worn.

Hopefully it is as simple as replacing the ball and socket, but both fronts are also leaking and therefore if I am going to take them out I will rebuild. Hopefully if I do it at least I know that it will be done right.

Cheers

I was at Ohlins (only 1/2hr from here) about a year and a half ago and they told me they could build me shocks any size, length I wanted for my truck. I was there to get my Radflos charged up with nitrogen.
Problem I have is that I live in Melbourne Australia and having the truck off the road for 1 day duiring the week is not an option.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts