Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This new frontier is nice but the seats are just too light and the material is very sponge. With my job and as dirty as I get at work, I don't think they are going to stay nice for too long, I really need leather or vinyl. After all the paperwork was signed and I was walking out the door of the dealership, another salesman said "we could of had leather seats put in that truck", which really pissed me off.
Anyway, I'm looking for some different upholstery to do my seats- I seen on here that one guy bought a whole set off Ebay real cheap-like $150. That's the kind of deal I need. If anybody knows where or who- drop me a reply-thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
another salesman said "we could of had leather seats put in that truck", which really pissed me off.

Reminds me of when I sold my first house a couple years ago. After all the papers were signed my real estate agents says "I think we could have got more for it". Coulda punched the guy right at that moment.

Sorry, I'm no help on the seat covers though.

·
Super Moderator
10,396 Posts
Look up coverking to see what they offer and if you belong to Costco can order from their website for a good price.

Clint

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also advise coverking. My seat covers from them ran 320 front and back and fit like a glove. Waterproof and have held up to countless beach outings and house projects.

·
Super Moderator
19,652 Posts
I advise against the CoverKing Ballistic Cordura. I had to send mine back because of the crappy holes they made in the fabric. They also made the holes too small for the round knobs on my driver's seat bottom. I'm going back to Covercraft denim like I have had on my seats for 10 years now. There are a couple of spots where the fabric has worn thin enough to start holes.

·
Registered
352 Posts

Not in your price range, but this set is not as rugged as cordura as mentioned above. This set is Neo Supreme, similar to Neoprene (CoverKing as well)

I paid about $450+ for front and rear.

Other option is Wet Okole. But that is more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
I advise against the CoverKing Ballistic Cordura. I had to send mine back because of the crappy holes they made in the fabric. They also made the holes too small for the round knobs on my driver's seat bottom. I'm going back to Covercraft denim like I have had on my seats for 10 years now. There are a couple of spots where the fabric has worn thin enough to start holes.

Darn, didn't know Covercraft made custom seat covers. And they are cheaper too.

I wished I bought those instead.

·
Super Moderator
19,652 Posts
Darn, didn't know Covercraft made custom seat covers. And they are cheaper too.

I wished I bought those instead.

I don't know what I was thinking when I tried a different material. When I called Autoanything for a return shipping label the employee said that CoverKing had a $21 restocking fee and if I consented to it. I promptly told him that I did not consent because I did not make the mistake. He waived the fee. Once I get my credit back for those seat covers I will order the CoverCraft covers.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
After all the paperwork was signed and I was walking out the door of the dealership, another salesman said "we could of had leather seats put in that truck"
Installing leather isn't some ultra-secret trick that only dealers are capable of doing - Most dealers just slap on a set of Katzkins, charging you several times what they paid for them.

You can have the same leather fitted at an independent installer - and probably for quite a bit less than what your dealer would have charged.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are we talking about covers that go over the existing material or removing the existing material ? I'm looking to replace (remove) the existing material. I had a dealer do it to my wifes car when we bought it and it looked awesome. The car had hideous black and white cloth seats and I had perforated black leather installed-what a difference-looked really good. That's what I want to do to this- just trying to do it on a budget.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think everything mentioned is a cover, not a replacement, except the Katzkin's. I think you probably received a lot of seat "cover" information because of the title of your post.

Replacement Leather:

Katzkin (most popular by far)
Leatherseats.com
Roadwire.com
classicsofttrim.com

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had some coverking neoprene covers in my Titan. Was happy with them. Love Katzkins but they are pricey.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts