Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
The way that was dropped was brutal. Should have at least devised a plan to scoot it in

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not quite that much, but I had a front end loader put a half yard of gravel in my bed a few weeks ago (1300-1400 lbs). A lot of it fell towards the rear of the bed. Watching the bed fill up and sink was like watching a pool float get swallowed in the Bering Sea. Just ball-parking it, that rock must weigh at least 4,000 lbs. Better check the payload sticker on that Home Depot truck. $29 only covers the first 2 hours, not sure about a mangled suspension.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
That thing's done. I wouldn't give ya a plug nickle for the condition of the rear springs and frame members after that load-out. Sure hope he didn't actually try to drive that anywhere. Love to know how he got it out again, that would have been a sight.

Reactions: shift_RUSH

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
The steering wheel just became useless...
I recall, when I was a kid, we had a 1973 E150 Econoline van and went to get firewood. Oak. It was full. Drivin home, my dad's like "hhmmm the steering feels kinda funny". We get to the house and I'm not even a teen yet, so I'm knowin nuthin bout nuthin, take a look underneath and go "Dad, the rear springs look funny. They s'possed to be bent backwards like that?" I'm bettin we had a ton or more in that puppy, he never did that again.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I recall, when I was a kid, we had a 1973 E150 Econoline van and went to get firewood. Oak. It was full. Drivin home, my dad's like "hhmmm the steering feels kinda funny". We get to the house and I'm not even a teen yet, so I'm knowin nuthin bout nuthin, take a look underneath and go "Dad, the rear springs look funny. They s'possed to be bent backwards like that?" I'm bettin we had a ton or more in that puppy, he never did that again.
Lol...I put 2 yards of dirt in my 3/4 ton and I could not steer unless my foot was off the gas pedal. Otherwise I would only go straight no matter what you did with the steering wheel. I remember thinking this is some of the dumbest $hit I've ever done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts