Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about adding some fog lights to my 2012 S model(AKA basic Betty), I've seen people say that their bumper was pre-wired but none on the s models. Any one know if it is or isn't?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
It most likely is. But to avoid further guessing go out to the vehicle in the morning and run your arm straight up from behind one of the fog light openings. You should be able to easily locate the harness.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
my 2013 S does, I have the stock fogs in now.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Good news everyone! It was pre-wired!
Great! Now here's an OEM kit from a dealer that sells parts on eBay. This kit is for the plastic bumper. If yours has the steel bumper the light housings in this kit won't work.

2010 2014 Nissan Xterra Frontier Fog Light Lamp Switch Kit Set New Genuine | eBay

Here's the kit for the steel bumper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2014-Nissan-Frontier-Fog-Light-Lamp-Switch-Kit-For-Steel-Bumpers-OEM-NEW-/321557348131?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Frontier&hash=item4ade4fbf23

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am a Nissan tech and I know that all frontier trucks are pre-wired from the factory as well as all other nissan vehicles. That way, you don't have to change the wiring harness if you want to add fog light to a vehicle that does not have them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ordered my kit yesterday, CAN'T wait to get rid of those ugly plastic caps! :D

I also installed some PIAA driving lights in the center of the bumper over the weekend, woohoo.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Yes I did the same and put my arm up to feel for a harness and it's wired. We would have to do a switch in the cab for them as there is one as is
All that has to be done for a switch is to replace the turn signal stalk with one that has the fog light function. Three screws on the bottom of the plastic trim, two tabs hold the stalk in. Easy pop out and pop in.

Kit includes a new stalk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for bringing this discussion back up again guys but I'm really interested in installing some fogs in my plastic bumper as well. Can anyone give me a brief walk through on how to do it though? I found the pre-wiring, I can take the caps off, I found the fogs on ebay with the OEM switch and everything, but I cant figure out for the life of me how it is that I would install them. Do I need to take off the bumper? Or only part of it just to get enough room to work my arms and hands around in there? If so which pieces and how? I doubt that they just pop right in. Just need to have a better idea of what I'm doing

PS. I'm also looking into installing an HID lighting set up to match my headlights. Not sure if that works the same way as the headlight process or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a Nissan tech and I know that all frontier trucks are pre-wired from the factory as well as all other nissan vehicles. That way, you don't have to change the wiring harness if you want to add fog light to a vehicle that does not have them.
I'm been looking on my sentra 2016 for the wires and can't find them.can you help me out?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Reactions: Jdrd0812
1 - 20 of 25 Posts