Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need tp upgarde on tires and am moving to 31's on my 1st gen.
I usually am a BFG guy, but PC has their annual by 3, get 1 free sale, and these AT's I am lookin at seem pretty comparable and have a 40k tread wear warranty. I am 85% city driving, 15% actually off road. Anyone with any experince 1st or 2ng gen ran or running these tires? Just curious what others have to say on them, thanks guys...

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
a buddy of mine has a 1 ton duramax. he went through 2 sets of bfg km1s way too fast. he switched to the pro comps x ats i think he runs 315 75 16s and he loves them. great on road, great in sand, rocks, dirt, and decent in mud. i may switch to them after my mts wear out. we'll see.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I need tp upgarde on tires and am moving to 31's on my 1st gen.
I usually am a BFG guy, but PC has their annual by 3, get 1 free sale, and these AT's I am lookin at seem pretty comparable and have a 40k tread wear warranty. I am 85% city driving, 15% actually off road. Anyone with any experince 1st or 2ng gen ran or running these tires? Just curious what others have to say on them, thanks guys...
I believe that terribleone said he has tried all the PC tires, and said that they are far from special...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe that terribleone said he has tried all the PC tires, and said that they are far from special...
Yeah, I had read some of his reviews on the PC's...He defintly puts the tires to the max in terms of off riding driving, more so than I would. I really have no use for a M/T as they will drop my MPGs and right now is our rainy season, I feel the A/T will give me best of both. I have always had good experience with the BFG A/T and am pitting the 2 against each other. So far with the deal PC has going on, they are winning and I would be saving over $200.

Thanks HALE, that is positive to hear, especially on such a heavy truck too.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
they arent a bad lookin tire but remember they are directional if that matters to you
Really? I honestly didn't know the A/T's were directional...glad I am not the one mounting my tires.

Yeah, I had read some of his reviews on the PC's...He defintly puts the tires to the max in terms of off riding driving, more so than I would. I really have no use for a M/T as they will drop my MPGs and right now is our rainy season, I feel the A/T will give me best of both. I have always had good experience with the BFG A/T and am pitting the 2 against each other. So far with the deal PC has going on, they are winning and I would be saving over $200.

Thanks HALE, that is positive to hear, especially on such a heavy truck too.
Out of all of the PC's I have had, the A/T's were by far the best all around. For light wheeling and daily driving I think you will be pretty happy with how they perform; just don't expect them to last too long. In my experiences they have worn about twice as fast as BFG A/T's...and once they are to about 60% tread or less is when they REALLY start to suck.

Have you looked into the Nitto Terragrapplers? They are priced really well and I have only heard good things about them; although I have not tried them personally I would really like to.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Really? I honestly didn't know the A/T's were directional...glad I am not the one mounting my tires.

Have you looked into the Nitto Terragrapplers? They are priced really well and I have only heard good things about them; although I have not tried them personally I would really like to.
Yes, I had the Nittos on my Titan 4x4, and they were so-so, also had them on the wheel/tire combo pic in my sig, they worked great on the frontier, but they were 285 18"s so I had a pretty big contact patch with them. They rode really rough and thr truck was real bouncy with them.
Good to know though that the PC's really don't do well past the 1/2 way mark. No point in getting a tire that isn't gonna deliver all the way, right now I'm on my stocker 265's just sliding all over the place when it rains.

they arent a bad lookin tire but remember they are directional if that matters to you
That should be ok, I usually rotate just front to back and such, never switching from side to side. I do wanna put the "white letters" on the inside so hopefully that shouldn't be a problem?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm liking my Xtreme A/T's so far. Done everything that I have wanted for less than the BFG's that I was going to get. Wearing nice and even at 15,000+ miles on them, id say they still look new. They still sometimes give off that new tire smell still.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm liking my Xtreme A/T's so far. Done everything that I have wanted for less than the BFG's that I was going to get. Wearing nice and even at 15,000+ miles on them, id say they still look new. They still sometimes give off that new tire smell still.

Good stuff bro, do you have any pics of how they look on the truck, side shots, up close, etc. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts