Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any differences between a 2009 and a 2010 Frontier?
I have a 2010, and of course finding toys for it is tough since most places haven't updated their catalogs yet.

Thanks.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Post what you're interested in before you buy; there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here that I'm sure will help. When I got my 08 I had the same issues and found out that if it fit an 05, it most likely will fit an 08 (Damn Volant holes not lineing up).

·
Registered
318 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any differences between a 2009 and a 2010 Frontier?
I have a 2010, and of course finding toys for it is tough since most places haven't updated their catalogs yet.

Thanks.
I was going to post this very same question today...I just got a 2010 on Jan 2... :)

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts

Thanks.
Post what you're interested in before you buy; there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here that I'm sure will help. When I got my 08 I had the same issues and found out that if it fit an 05, it most likely will fit an 08 (Damn Volant holes not lineing up).
Call the manufacturers of the products you are interested in.
If they are reputable they will have the answers.
And as Passprotection mentioned, you are not the first person to go through this, if you post up a product specific question here on CF you'll most likely get a good answer.

From my knowledge (based on what I have read on CF here) 2005 to 2010 there have been no major mechanical differences that I'm aware of.
2009-2010s have slightly different cosmetics both externally and on the interior vs. 2005 to 2008s.

BUT, don't buy parts based on what I've outlined above, call the manufacturers if you want any certainty.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Call the manufacturers of the products you are interested in.
If they are reputable they will have the answers.
And as Passprotection mentioned, you are not the first person to go through this, if you post up a product specific question here on CF you'll most likely get a good answer.

From my knowledge (based on what I have read on CF here) 2005 to 2010 there have been no major mechanical differences that I'm aware of.
2009-2010s have slightly different cosmetics both externally and on the interior vs. 2005 to 2008s.

BUT, don't buy parts based on what I've outlined above, call the manufacturers if you want any certainty.
Good advice...I did the same with Dynamax and their exhaust kit for the 2009. They said it fits, so, when I have $300 or so laying around...I'll order it!

·
Registered
472 Posts
From what I've seen so far 08 was the change date

Rear splash guards for one and maybe the door molding has changed in design. The Door molding that goes over that groove in the lower half of the doors on the king cab is maybe changed a little, have someone checking on it now. They are out of stock and say Nissan has not shipped any for 2 months. He suspects they might have made an appearance change on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Below is a summary of updates/upgrades to the 2010 Frontier over the 2009 MY. The price increase is nominal in comparison to all the safety features now standard (based on model). I'm still lovin' my 2010 LE 4x4 CC!

Mickiemac

2010 Nissan Frontier: All Frontiers come with side and head curtain airbags for 2010, and all V6 trucks have stability control. All V6-equipped SE and LE models get Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS), which isn't a true limited-slip differential, but a brake-based feature to keep the rear wheels from spinning excessively on low-grip surfaces. Four-wheel-drive SE and LE models have hill start assist and descent control as standard. Night Armor is the sole new exterior color.

·
Super Moderator
12,392 Posts
Below is a summary of updates/upgrades to the 2010 Frontier over the 2009 MY. The price increase is nominal in comparison to all the safety features now standard (based on model). I'm still lovin' my 2010 LE 4x4 CC!

Mickiemac

2010 Nissan Frontier: All Frontiers come with side and head curtain airbags for 2010, and all V6 trucks have stability control. All V6-equipped SE and LE models get Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS), which isn't a true limited-slip differential, but a brake-based feature to keep the rear wheels from spinning excessively on low-grip surfaces. Four-wheel-drive SE and LE models have hill start assist and descent control as standard. Night Armor is the sole new exterior color.
The hill assist is only on the auto trans. trucks. Nice to hear how pleased you are. The airbags alone was a big factor in my buying a new truck, after only having this truck for two years.

Clint

·
Registered
318 Posts

Mickiemac

Night Armor is the color of my truck ;)
I have a 2010 KC SE V6 4x4 w/ auto.

I've tripped the ABLS / VDC system a few times already - mostly "testing" it on ice...see an icy spot, floor it, and the truck stays put laterally (and yanks back the throttle!) That is WAY cool, and one of the biggest problems with my Ranger (not to say that this is what I did with my ranger, I was just comaparing giving the truck a good shake-down). Basically, this truck doesn't "feel" light in the rear because of those safety features.

I've not used the hill start/decent control yet, don't know of any situations where I would use it :confused:

The hill assist is only on the auto trans. trucks. Nice to hear how pleased you are. The airbags alone was a big factor in my buying a new truck, after only having this truck for two years.

Clint
I wonder if I should contact my insurance agent and make sure they know about the additional safety features of this truck vs the 2009 model - in case they don't have updated information in their system.

The safety features of this truck should make insurance rates a bit lower ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have used the hill assist and decent, Once you get over the popping the decent works very well, lets you crawl down a hill no sliding wheels locking. The hiil assist is a little weird as it will hold it stable until u tap the brake and it roll backwards unless your on the gas. Personnally I like all the ABLS, VDC, Hill assist and Decent difinitely helps off road situations and on wet roads.

·
Super Moderator
12,392 Posts
Night Armor is the color of my truck ;)
I have a 2010 KC SE V6 4x4 w/ auto.

I've tripped the ABLS / VDC system a few times already - mostly "testing" it on ice...see an icy spot, floor it, and the truck stays put laterally (and yanks back the throttle!) That is WAY cool, and one of the biggest problems with my Ranger (not to say that this is what I did with my ranger, I was just comaparing giving the truck a good shake-down). Basically, this truck doesn't "feel" light in the rear because of those safety features.

I've not used the hill start/decent control yet, don't know of any situations where I would use it :confused:

I wonder if I should contact my insurance agent and make sure they know about the additional safety features of this truck vs the 2009 model - in case they don't have updated information in their system.

The safety features of this truck should make insurance rates a bit lower ;)
My insurance company asks for a copy of the window sticker faxed to them to see what's included in a new vehicle. Yes, you should bring it to their attention. Enjoy your new truck.

Clint

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.