Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today heading north on the 15 i saw three 2nd gens lifted, and was thinking that there might be some members down in my area. If anyone knows and good spots in that area I'm always looking for more places to drive

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Well San Diego area has a few....

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hell yeah!

I'm in Lake Elsinore, and down in Murrietta all the time.
I want to go out this weekend, what you doing?
Temecula is like only 15 minutes from me...

:)

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm in Menifee. If you guys want you can come kick it at my house for a mini meet tomorrow. I'm taking my suspension apart to paint my frame. PM me if you're down.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
where in san diego do you go?
Almost all the San Diego stuff is East county and the desert. There is a place off the 8 calle caral canyon, mainly fire roads and a few trails. Then there is Borrego. Ocotill0 wells and coyote canyon. I did the Otay truck trail last week. Really no challenge unless you like driving a road anout 2 feet wider than your truck with a rock wall on one side and a shear drop off the other. It runs about 13 miles from dulzura to the border. The border patrol use it most. Its on Federal BLM land so some go out there for target shooting too

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
I live in Menifee. I just joined, and will be starting to "adjust" my truck here soon. I would like to meet fellow SWRC Fronty owners.

Jeff

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your guys's trucks all look awesome, mine is still stock nismo except for the sound system i put in.... probably gonna put in a new intake soon then save up for a lift of some sort....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
yea i'm in temecula, right across the street from pechanga. I also go to Hemet, corona, menifee , and oceanside on occasion.

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
Wolf Creek huh? Like I mentioned, I live in Menifee, work in Murrieta, and drive to SD all the time for family. We should do a lunch meet in the area, what do you think? Put some faces to screen names.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea im down in wolf creek and if you know any cool places to cruise around i think it would be cool to get a few guys together and drive.

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
I have been wanting to do High Point Truck Trail up the back side of Palomar. Have you or anyone else done this?

I cant go too crazy right now as my truck is bone stock, and I need to still get to work. That is until we get my wife a new car next year and I will have a new daily driver. But I am up for a nice putz a roo on a truck trail.

Are you available July 10 in the AM so its not too hot and then lunch afterwards?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no i haven't been able to do that trail yet,but as far as most of the summer goes i'm gonna be all over O.C. because of family and friends down there. But if we get a couple guys to putt around a bit maybe i can switch a few things around. my truck is pretty stocked out too but i am able to handle the trails up by my house and my 2wd takes mud up to the bumper with ease.

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
This may sound like a newbie question, but is there a lot to check out off the Ortega highway? I have not been on may trails around here (Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula). I mostly go to Ocotillo Wells because my family owns property out there.

Lets plan a meet for something off of Ortega Highway for July 10. That way it is the happy middle for me out here and you in the OC. Plus other OC people can join in with other people here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha yea that seems like fun, i've driven ortega didnt see much,but as we approach the 10th i will see what i'm up to then we can head out there.. haha im a n00b as well still in high school and only a few years of offroading under my belt.

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
I'm in North Escondido and I'm trying to find trails over or around Temecula to drive on but haven't found much yet.
The one that I know of is off the 79 by Auanga called High Point Truck Trail. Have not done it, but was told it's fairly easy. I would wait till it cools down a bit though. I have been wanting to do that trail, so maybe one early am we can hit it up. I want to wait till I am lifted, but I am still waiting on the rear leafs to ship.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts