Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get fogs but the factory ones are extremely expensive. Any ideas?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Pele said:
I am looking to get fogs but the factory ones are extremely expensive. Any ideas?
i thought i remember someone said there was a website that sold OEM style fogs for super cheap. hopefully someone remembers the website....

·
Registered
372 Posts
I bought some generic fog lights off Ebay and they work well. I like being able to adjust them to any angle I want.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
smokeydadog said:
I bought some generic fog lights off Ebay and they work well. I like being able to adjust them to any angle I want.
i have similar fog lights. got them from the local parts store (Kragen, Autozone, etc) for $40. takes a bit more effort to install though.

i had to use a roto tool to cut out the stock plastic covers so the housing would fit. the lights themselves are not big enough to cover the huge cut out on the bumper. you may be able to purchase the trims from a nissan parts reseller but i think you would have to modify those as well.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Here's another pic. The light wasn't centered just yet, but you get the idea. I removed the plastic covers and left them off. To cover the unsightly metal edge, I used the flexible plastic cover that normally protects electrical wires in the engine bay. I don't know the name of the stuff, but I had plenty left over from installing my amp. It's not the prettiest installation ever, but it works well enough for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Gfronty05,

Those look pretty good and I like the price too. When installing them, do you just connect them to the prewire and then they just come on with your headlights, or are you installing some kind of seperate switch for them?

I have no confidence when installing anything anything myself but I'm thinking about trying this one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Gfronty05,

Those look pretty good and I like the price too. When installing them, do you just connect them to the prewire and then they just come on with your headlights, or are you installing some kind of seperate switch for them?

I have no confidence when installing anything anything myself but I'm thinking about trying this one.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
You could wire it 2 ways, first you could buy the nissan switch from courtesy parts and just tap into the wires that already exist, The other way is to use the harness they send and wire it how you want, I wired to my park light so it can come on with that!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks, but what I really want to know is if I can avoid installing the new turn signal. I was hoping I could just hook them up to the pre-wire behind the bumper and then they will just come on with my headlights. I guess not - oh well. I think I might just take them to the car audio shop to be installed. They put a DVD player in my Pathfinder and it came out nice. Thanks

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Actually you can, you would have to find the wire that would power them under the current turn signal stalk, any car audio and security place could hook it up, its pretty cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts