·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
205 Posts
its amazon usa--search for
I know it is amazon usa. It just dont work for me and i wanted to say it to you. I usualy dont have any issue with amazon usa.

Quick question here. Why dont you just use your phone as a speedometer? I mean, you already have it and it is gps based as well

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it is amazon usa. It just dont work for me and i wanted to say it to you. I usualy dont have any issue with amazon usa.

Quick question here. Why dont you just use your phone as a speedometer? I mean, you already have it and it is gps based as well
i actually thought of that and am trying to reuse a old phone with speedometer app installed BUT this is a cheep option rather a $30 device get stolen over a $200 one, plus ive left phones in my vehicles b4 down here in TX and know 1st hand they don't like summer heat inside a vehicle ,where as i hope these device designers took into consideration temps in a vehicle parked

·
Registered
205 Posts
i actually thought of that and am trying to reuse a old phone with speedometer app installed BUT this is a cheep option rather a $30 device get stolen over a $200 one, plus ive left phones in my vehicles b4 down here in TX and know 1st hand they don't like summer heat inside a vehicle ,where as i hope these device designers took into consideration temps in a vehicle parked
Use the one you carry around in your pocket. Buy a suction cup ram mount. With any gps app, you got a speedo. Plus you remove the phone when you got where you need. Just an idea. May not work for you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Use the one you carry around in your pocket. Buy a suction cup ram mount. With any gps app, you got a speedo. Plus you remove the phone when you got where you need. Just an idea. May not work for you.
i have left a phone in a car ONCE on a 110f day ,samsung/t mobile would not cover it under warranty--

·
Registered
None, yet
138 Posts
stuff melts when you leave it in the car here in texas, for real. if that gps speedo works good, be sure to post up about it. it would be nice to have something like that in some other vehicles I have

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stuff melts when you leave it in the car here in texas, for real. if that gps speedo works good, be sure to post up about it. it would be nice to have something like that in some other vehicles I have
lol,ya it does,when i 1st moved here i had a bunch of pens in my center console,,1st summer guess what,,slight mess..lol

·
Registered
None, yet
138 Posts
ha ha ha, when we moved here I was a senior in high school, 94. that summer, all my tapes melted in my car. the ones on the dash were curved to match the dash and the rest were curved to fit whatever part of the car they were laying on at the time. I have cracked thermometers when I left them in the ac vent of cars here at work. that big ol asphalt parking lot is like a heat mirror for cars. I have never seen so many cars with fried paint jobs as here in texas.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol,no crap my cars paint was destroyed in like 5 yrs ,clearcoat went running and screaming back up to PA,ill prolly just plasti dip my fronty when its done

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
205 Posts
tnx,i been messing w/ a few on my phone in my daily driver,,some of those on amazon will plug into the obd and read a lot of info i've seen
If you dont have any code reader, get a bluedriver obdii scanner. It will work with your phone and give you speed. It is better to pay 50$ for a tool than 30$ for a speedo alone

·
Registered
None, yet
138 Posts
those blue obd readers from amazon are awesome. I bought one of those a few years back and the downloaded the torque lite app so I could check stuff on the cars. it lets you read everything, sensor output and saved codes, and reset check lights. it has worked on every car the scanner plugs into, also. bmw, mini, chevy, Toyota, ford, jeep, and I imagine it will also work on the frontier, though I have not tried it yet.

torque lite app is free so get the blue obd Bluetooth reader and you will be really happy even if you don't use it for speedo output.

if your speedo is reading wrong, this won't work. like if you have oversized tires, its still going to read wrong but if the issue is the speedo is dead, as long as the sensor is good, this will for sure work

·
Registered
205 Posts
those blue obd readers from amazon are awesome. I bought one of those a few years back and the downloaded the torque lite app so I could check stuff on the cars. it lets you read everything, sensor output and saved codes, and reset check lights. it has worked on every car the scanner plugs into, also. bmw, mini, chevy, Toyota, ford, jeep, and I imagine it will also work on the frontier, though I have not tried it yet.

torque lite app is free so get the blue obd Bluetooth reader and you will be really happy even if you don't use it for speedo output.

if your speedo is reading wrong, this won't work. like if you have oversized tires, its still going to read wrong but if the issue is the speedo is dead, as long as the sensor is good, this will for sure work
Yeah they are great. They can pin point issues as well. If you dont know if it is a sensor issue or just a gage issue, this reader will tell you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts