Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live on Maui and all the drug heads on this tiny island have been ripping off and torching trucks and cars for quite a while... Is the stock antitheft on 07+ frontiers good enough? I have been considering a club for the steering wheel but if not nessacary then I wont bother... They mostly go for toyotas here, I read about newer cars being stolen but they must be getting the key somehow?

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
I live on Maui and all the drug heads on this tiny island have been ripping off and torching trucks and cars for quite a while... Is the stock antitheft on 07+ frontiers good enough? I have been considering a club for the steering wheel but if not nessacary then I wont bother... They mostly go for toyotas here, I read about newer cars being stolen but they must be getting the key somehow?
A club would be a fair visual deterrent. First off are you trying to protect just the truck or items IN the truck? The key immobilizer is no better or worse than other makes. They can be bypassed/faked out if they are determined. Best answers will come from a professional shop/installer. I know there are a few on here, hopefully they will chime in. But things such as visual deterrents and audible alarms that are installed well (not obvious their harness is the alarm harness) will go along way to making scum look for an easier target. Security is more about showing that you're not as easy a target as the next guy, than it is actually fully hardening everything. If you want to make it theft-proof you either end up with a $1M car or a tank of a car.... or both.

·
Super Moderator
10,397 Posts
Unbelievable that the law can't get ahead of these scum bag low lives. I'd keep a Rottweiler or Doberman yeh there'd to the truck when parked. Problem with the war on drugs is they don't fight to win it, but rather they keep it manageable or too many involved in fighting it would be unemployed. It's just a big money maker for many people in the legal system.
Do what you reasonably can to keep the truck safe but if someone else wants it don't ever put yourself in harms way, it's just a hunk of metal.

Clint

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
Use the Club and hide your belongings. Would be thief will see the Club and hopefully move onto something easier
This. I lived in the crap part of town for many years. No fancy wheels and the interior empty. One vehicle, I actually installed the AM/FM radio from the base model in place of the Aftermarket deck to add to the "not worth breaking in to" vibe.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Too bad people gotta be like that. Cant have anything nice, its either stolen or F'd up for you by druggies. Years ago, before computer systems in cars, i rigged up a kill switch on one of my old chevies. While at work an Ahole tried to steal it, they busted out the windwing, bled all down the side of the door, pushed it about 20-30 ft and gave up. Maybe something like that would do it for you

·
Registered
577 Posts
Too bad people gotta be like that. Cant have anything nice, its either stolen or F'd up for you by druggies. Years ago, before computer systems in cars, i rigged up a kill switch on one of my old chevies. While at work an Ahole tried to steal it, they busted out the windwing, bled all down the side of the door, pushed it about 20-30 ft and gave up. Maybe something like that would do it for you
exactly what i did on my 1983 King Cab....and what I've done now, to the 2011 KC. when the 83 was last stolen, it traveled one block...cranking it in gear and it would move forward a little. my brother (off duty police) called me and asked if I knew were my truck was. I said yes, in the driveway. he said go look. I did....it wasn't. I got in the truck, released the kill switch, and drove the 5 speed back home and tucked it in. r-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts