Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it has been a while since I have been around here my 07 nismo 4x4 has hit 75000 miles with only a few issues first was the fuel sensor crapped out got that fixed now I have the a mass vacuum leak code 455 i think not to worried about that will fix before emissions check. the newes problem I have i was low on coolent not in over flow but the raditor topped it off but it seems to be low agian I can smell anti freeze under the hood only not in exhaust but can see no leaks or any drops on the driveway. Anyone have any clue as to what the hell is going on here? how does a close system lose fluid but never over heat or get hot? I check the tranny and have no antifreeze in it. don't know where to go here I hate winter that is always when coolent problems pop up. On a side note no timing chain issues yet.

Thanks for your help

Bill

·
Registered
398 Posts
You might have a pin hole leak in one of the hoses that will only leak fluid when it is hot and circulating. They are a pain to track down. How fast are you losing coolant?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
You have a leak!

There are dyes you can put in the coolant to easily track the leak. More than likely, the leak impinges on a hot part that causes the smell and leaves nothing on the garage floor.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
get a dye kit. the instructions will tell you how to use it and not have a glowing engine when you use the light to look for the leak.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hopefully after four months you have fixed your problem but if not. Do a coolant leak search and you will find a thread detailing the exact problem you have and i just went through. I replaced all the clamps and gaskets discused in the thread and it seems to have worked. Good Luck...

·
Registered
832 Posts
I found a leak in the little coolant hoses that attach to the throttle body, just a small crack in the hose that had a real slow coolant leak, only leaked on warmup, i dont think coolant runs through the throttle body after warm up.

Other than that, top off your coolant tank and let it run for a sec with both caps off with the heater on hot and fan on high until it starts coming out of the radiator, cap it and drive, see how it does. Might be air trapped in the system

·
Registered
65 Posts
leak

Thank you very much for the reply. After doing the knock sensor i had several antifreez leaks. I did as you said bleed the system for air. I replaced several hose clamps and just after i thought i got all the leaks, another one started. This time it was the heater hose in the back of the engine. That was a long hose so i cut it and reattached with a better clamp. No leaks so far. Thanks again for the info, Fred

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.