Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Not a frequent poster but am a frequent snooper. Thank you again for the loads of information on this page.

Now, I am 100 percent positive I am about to get flamed for not using the search function, but I swear I have gone up and down this forum looking for an actual example and photos of someone that has fit these tires on stock height. It's gotten to the point where my curiosity and readiness has finally overcome my anxiety of getting bullied Haha! (I say this all with a light heart)

Nitto Grappler M/T 285/70/16. Factory rim. From what I can tell it is only one of two options in this size, and in theory should fit at stock height. Most of the conversations are dated and rather than lighting up an old thread I figured I'd see if anyone in the last 5 years has thrown these on and been able to avoid melting/cutting. I imagine we have a ton of new users and information since most of.these threads were posted in.

Sorry in advance for being one of these guys!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. I suppose I will look more into the heat mod. Everyone says how easy it is but my lack of handiness has me shying away from any diy mods if avoidable so I have not done much consideration or research into that side of things. Anyone else have experience with these tires?

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
Not many 285/70-16 tire choices out there.

I'm still waiting for 285/60-16s - from any manufacturer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That seems to be why i am having trouble finding any solid information from someone with these on their truck i think. They sure catch my interest.

·
Registered
566 Posts
That seems to be why i am having trouble finding any solid information from someone with these on their truck i think. They sure catch my interest.
Good sites to have in your back pocket along with OEM wheel specs and specs on any wheels you may be considering.

I did the melt mod on mine, chopped the body, and altered the mud flaps.

Post #16

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems as though wileycoyote in the below linked thread did a 285/70/17 with a minor amount of rubbing. "2.5" suspension lift but I don't think it really affects the point/amount of contact." Things like this give me hope... just hoping to confirm.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I had 285/75/16 which are larger than the 285/70/16 “didn’t even realize they made that size”! Anyways I can’t remember the brand but they were mud terrain very aggressive and no rubbing but if I would have gone off-road I’m sure they would have. These were on 8” aftermarket wheels but still had s stock offset of 30mm. Just putting this out here to give you a good idea of where you stand.
Here it is stock height also.
78AA97C6-D7EF-4F21-A198-00D006B119B2.png
A23D8F23-5170-4551-8C4E-0595E5DA077D.jpeg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh interesting. Thanks for the info everyone! Think I'm going to end up getting ko2s in a 265 75 16 tomorrow. We will see! Figure I'll play it safe

·
Registered
897 Posts
Oh interesting. Thanks for the info everyone! Think I'm going to end up getting ko2s in a 265 75 16 tomorrow. We will see! Figure I'll play it safe
Yep that’s what I’m going with on my new truck. Figure less chance of rub with the aftermarket wheels I’m getting plus better mpg.

·
Registered
897 Posts
It sure does.. it’s been a very hard decision on wheels and tires.
It’s not over till the fat lady sings!🤔

1 - 13 of 13 Posts