Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I test drove a Frontier yesterday and I plan on buying soon.. I plan on removing the back jump seat like you did.. BTW, it looks GREAT!..

Anyway, I am concerned about the water problems you had.. I am a bit confused on how you removing the back seat caused a weld/layering of steel gap that let water enter?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I test drove a Frontier yesterday and I plan on buying soon.. I plan on removing the back jump seat like you did.. BTW, it looks GREAT!..

Anyway, I am concerned about the water problems you had.. I am a bit confused on how you removing the back seat caused a weld/layering of steel gap that let water enter?
Just removing the seats didn't cause the weld gap.

When I first removed various bolts, I got a lot of water in the cab. I was taking it to a car wash with an under body sprayer. I think the under sprayer at the car wash made its way in through some of those holes since the cab had lots of water in it. Not fully sure. I haven't taken the bolts in the floor out since replacing them.

When I plugged/replaced just the bolt less water was coming in so I tracked down the weld issue.

The factory did not seal the weld in the back of the cab.

To fix, I just used some JB weld and haven't had an issue since.

I figured it out after we had a lot of sideways rain. Haha

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just removing the seats didn't cause the weld gap.

When I first removed various bolts, I got a lot of water in the cab. I was taking it to a car wash with an under body sprayer. I think the under sprayer at the car wash made its way in through some of those holes since the cab had lots of water in it. Not fully sure. I haven't taken the bolts in the floor out since replacing them.

When I plugged/replaced just the bolt less water was coming in so I tracked down the weld issue.

The factory did not seal the weld in the back of the cab.

To fix, I just used some JB weld and haven't had an issue since.

I figured it out after we had a lot of sideways rain. Haha

Interesting -- So as long as I, seal or reinstall any bolts I remove I should be fine?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Interesting -- So as long as I, seal or reinstall any bolts I remove I should be fine?
That's what I am thinking. Maybe test without first. It could be all that water came through that tiny gap in the cab wall, but I haven't pulled any bolts out since to test. I am leaving them since I don't want to store them and plan on making a sub floor.

Last year's house fell through but I am signing this month on another so still holding out funds for the stereo and speakers.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Steebo, I guess on your back vents the air just goes around the wood backing you installed?
It does. There is still about a .25 inch gap between the wood and the vent.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Got it thanks...
No prob at all . I can't wait to see pics of your set up. Let me know when you get started. We can exchange ideas.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, my new KC is at my house.. I just walked down to look into removing the back jumb seats and at 1st look it doesn't seem very easy to remove the seat.. What is the 1st step to get the seats out..

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Ok, my new KC is at my house.. I just walked down to look into removing the back jumb seats and at 1st look it doesn't seem very easy to remove the seat.. What is the 1st step to get the seats out..
Check out the first post. Remove the two bolts on the floor that attach the booster seat flip downs to the floor. Then follow the thread. Flip up the seat and look down.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Check out the first post. Remove the two bolts on the floor that attach the booster seat flip downs to the floor. Then follow the thread. Flip up the seat and look down.

I guess you have to pop out plastic bottom panel to see the bolts?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I guess you have to pop out plastic bottom panel to see the bolts?
The bolts are on the floor of the hump if there is plastic over them then yes remove it. It was a little over a year ago I took them out man.

I didn't include the step cause it was just right there to me. Flip the seat down and look. 2 bolts for each flip down.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got it .. Bit harder now .. They now have plastic in the way. That’s attached to bottom seat ... See attached pictures.
F02B54AA-B63B-4626-8C75-BDE73C1BF34D.jpeg
ABDAF700-E31A-4B40-8B32-01E0CAD4EBCD.jpeg
4806110E-6256-4C5D-BFBF-A0710FE018E3.jpeg
BD1FA634-216D-4D49-9A9C-1CA705E58452.jpeg

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
Registered
53 Posts
It seems crazy that these back vents are just sticking out the back of cab .. Seem like it would cause water problems on occasion....
FDF0AB9C-D734-4788-B86B-DB71315C5AE2.jpeg

·
Registered
53 Posts
[QUOTE="Steebo46&2, post: 3781675, member:

Then the sleeves that hold the headrest in place. These were slightly tricky. Notice the nub on the split shaft. Turn the sleeve so you are pushing on the side that has the nub and they slide right out.

[/QUOTE]

Your post here was very helpful .. They were a bit of a pain to remove.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
It seems crazy that these back vents are just sticking out the back of cab .. Seem like it would cause water problems on occasion.... View attachment 309334
When you hit the air recycle button for the AC the close. I caulked around the edge of them since there was a lot of gap in mine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Hello Steebo46&2, nice work on the truck. I am interested in doing something very similar to my truck, did you end up blocking the vents in the rear of the KC or leave them open?
Left them open. The board isn't smashed against them due to the way the back sheet metal is contoured. The recycle air button for AC closes them.

Sorry for delayed response.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
So much has been happening. I haven't been on this project for a long time. Started a kayak trolling motor project and got side tracked and spent money there. Haha.

I am renewing my interest in this and will likely be working on an update soon. Until then some random eye candy.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts