Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Frontier 4X4 Crew Cab Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a newbie checking in. Retired and sold my full size pickup to avoid temptation to do too much work, but a man has to have a pickup. Have had a 720 and a D21 so next had to be a Frontier. Bought it Monday. Still don't believe I bought a vehicle with 275k miles on it, but it looks good & drives well & got me home. Inside - that's a whole different story. Lots of cleaning supplies needed! New engine to me, so I am sure I will be picking brains.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome!

Just a newbie checking in. Retired and sold my full size pickup to avoid temptation to do too much work, but a man has to have a pickup. Have had a 720 and a D21 so next had to be a Frontier. Bought it Monday. Still don't believe I bought a vehicle with 275k miles on it, but it looks good & drives well & got me home. Inside - that's a whole different story. Lots of cleaning supplies needed! New engine to me, so I am sure I will be picking brains.
I've been reading on this forum for years more than I've been typing into it. I started as a shift_lurker as well and at my 100th post they upgraded my title, lol. So glad to not be a lurker. ;)

One confusing thing to watch out for on this forum is that at least for performance modification, it seems like it's one forum for all Frontiers rather than it being narrowed down by the generation or engine size.

I'm not sure how it's organized for general repair, but be sure to let people know which Frontier you have to the advice may be more applicable.

What year do you have? 2WD? 4x4? What engine? I put it in my signature and people still sometimes give advice based on a different version. :) It's all good. I've seen nothing but nice people on this forum!

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Welcome to the fold

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2000 Frontier 4X4 Crew Cab Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I just found out when I joined. The 2wd was changed out for a Toyota that had more oil leaks than my wife's strainer, but it didn't have the same smoking habit as the Frontier.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I guess I just found out when I joined. The 2wd was changed out for a Toyota that had more oil leaks than my wife's strainer, but it didn't have the same smoking habit as the Frontier.
Welcome to the forum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts