Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just signed up on forum, but as title says, I don't have a Frontier yet. Actually, have never had a truck, but have always admired the small/mid size trucks - especially the rugged/sport look. Anyway, recently got the bug to maybe get one as a weekend-utility-dog friendly-save a little wear and tear/miles on my daily driver type vehicle (that's a mouthful).

I don't anticipate going 4-wheeling (never done it myself), but would like a 4x4 for those (very) rare occasions where it could be helpful in Texas and if I ever did decide to try some off roading, I would have it. That being said, I am looking at 2011+ models as it seems those haven't experienced the SMOD issue and I really like the look of the PRO4X but the pricing of that vs. the SL 4x4 may have me leaning to the SL.

If I did go the SL route, what would you recommend, as far as mods/upgrades, to get that rugged/sports look of the the PRO4X? Tires/Wheels, lift, etc? (I can post in the general forum if need to).

Thanks in advance and take it easy on the newbie...to both trucks and the site.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Go pro4x luxury package. Better to have and not need than need but don't have!

Either way, these trucks are great. I have a base 2010 pro4x I got 2 years ago with 27k on it. It was too good of a deal even though I really wanted heated seats and a sunroof.

I used to race and never wheeled other than some occasional mudding in my dad's truck. Went once as a passenger with a buddy when I moved to Colorado and am now in my 3rd truck build. It is too much fun! The last 2 I started with pro4x (08 xterra I totaled and my 2010 Frontier now). Very capable in stock form, sliders and tires and most trails are doable with a good line!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and I do like the look of the PRO4X, but the difference between that and an SV seem to be a good jump from what I have seen (price wise) That's good that they hold value but questionable for me if it is worth that vs adding some things to an SV and save some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,796 Posts
Welcome to the club! Nice to have you join us. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Good luck with the hunt and ask away if you need any info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts