Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SV CC 2WD 4.0
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all, another new guy here. New to the group and new to Nissan. We had a Datsun way back in the 70's, but haven't had one since. I inherited (sort of) a 2014 SV CC SB 2WD 4.0 (Did I get that right?)

Just left Costa Rica moving to Ahwatukee, Arizona. Not looking forward to the drive from Richmond, VA to Arizona, especially with the price of gas and the heat we will be driving into. Will be pulling a UHaul trailer.

So far I really like the truck. It has lots of power and is comfortable (for me). My 18 yo son, who is 6'3" and weighs about 290 might not be too comfortable in the back, but he will have to deal with it. Maybe mom will let him sit up front.

I am a retired Army officer (Major). I have been married for nearly 29 years. And I enjoy hiking.

Stand by for loads of questions that are bound to come up in the near future.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4X4
674 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina!

Reactions: Major Tom and 20009

·
Super Moderator
20,326 Posts
Welcome to the club, Major. Thank you for you service. Costa Rico was one of the many countries I visited during my 20 year military career in the Marine Corps and Navy. There are a lot of knowledgeable people in this club so if you can't find what you're looking for, ask away.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SV CC 2WD 4.0
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome and ditto on the thank you for your service. I never served but definately appreciate those who have.

Arizona, it gets a little warm here sometimes and I do hope you like rattlesnakes, we got more brands of rattlers than any state in the union. Some are protected
As someone told me on another thread, saying it gets a little warm in AZ is like calling an Enterprise class aircraft carrier a "boat".

And I love snakes. I don't discriminate on variety.

·
Registered
2014 SV CC 2WD 4.0
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the club, Major. Thank you for you service. Costa Rico was one of the many countries I visited during my 20 year military career in the Marine Corps and Navy. There are a lot of knowledgeable people in this club so if you can't find what you're looking for, ask away.
Thank you for the welcome and thank you for your service. The Marines do count as service, don't they? ;) And I am certainly going to miss the spring-like weather of Costa Rica.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: 20009 and Major Tom

·
Registered
466 Posts
Reactions: 20009

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Major Tom you should expect about 10-11 mpg towing the uhaul but luckily you are traveling through states that have cheaper gas than here in Northern California
Product Font Material property Screenshot Software

• Sad
Reactions: 20009 and GreyFox

·
Registered
2014 SV CC 2WD 4.0
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Major Tom you should expect about 10-11 mpg towing the uhaul but luckily you are traveling through states that have cheaper gas than here in Northern California View attachment 352646
Well, I made it to Arizona. Pulling the trailer at 75-80 mph, I averaged around 15 mpg. I had one tank that was 18 and another that was 12. Overall I was pretty satisfied with the fuel mileage, all things considered. The AC decided to go on strike one day in Texas (it was 103), but returned to work with nothing done, thought I am going to add a can of Freon to help out in this Arizona heat.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Nice, I'm impressed with your mpg, glad you made your trip safe

Reactions: twoliggett
1 - 18 of 18 Posts