Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I went looking at trucks a week or so ago even though I was happy with my 10 year old bullet proof F150 supercab. Ya, you folks know the story.......I came home with a 2016 Frontier SC 6cyl 4x4. 0 % financing! How could I not?

I have had a few trucks, Fords, Chevy, Toyota and two Nissan's, back when small trucks were in fact small.

I wanted to down size my tow vehicle so it is easier to maneuver when not hauling my 17' Casita travel trailer. My F150 pulled that trailer just fine with that 4.6L V8. I expect the Frontier to do the same, the Frontier has more HP than my Ford but about a dozen less of the ones that really count when hauling..... torque. I suspect it will do just fine. The trailer is not light, coming in at somewhere around 3,200lbs fully loaded with a hefty tongue weight of about 425lbs.

I immediately added a set of SuperSprings to deal with tongue weight, I loved the set I had on my Ford. They increased the rear ride height at the wheel well by about 1". I suspect when the trailer is hooked the truck will ride very close at the stock height.

Here are a couple pics, like you haven't seen a thousand pics of Frontiers. But, like we always said on the Adventure Rider web site I admin'd and modded for a few years, "without pics, it didn't happen".

A poor shot of the superSprings

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Welcome to the forums

·
Registered
741 Posts
Really interested in pics of your casita hooked up. I've been wanting one for a long time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts