Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering on doing the Homelink mod. I've read through several threads and I still have one question. On the 1st pic from the Xterra forum there is a pic of the Homelink device but also a pic of a circuit board with a black plastic housing:

Homelink install - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

Am I needing that part as well when I'm looking on eBay for a visor?

Nissan Altima/I30/I35/Maxima Sun Visors W/HomeLink OE:eBay Motors (item 190324355602 end time Aug-25-09 11:41:42 PDT)

I'm assuming I'm just pulling off the Homelink device from a visor like this, but is there any other parts I'm going to need?

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
the 3 button pad snaps onto the black box. He seems to have taken it apart for the picture. you can see the 3 holes in the case and the corresponding 3 button on the board at the bottom. Both are usually sold together as both are needed for operation.
That visor you posted will have the black box inside. Also these can usually be bought for $20-30 on ebay... slightly less if you're patient enough.

What eBay link??

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Zoomzoom! I should have looked closer at the pic. Totally makes sense now.

(any chance you can delete that link to the auction now that I'm gonna bid on it? :))

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my module today. I was able to open the black part, but what is the best way to remove the gray part from the black part before I start the install?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I started in on this project today and I am frustrated. I got all the holes drilled in the headliner like I want and the fit is good for the buttons, but I see no way of snapping the module together as thick as the headliner is. My only thought would be to drop the entire headliner. I would need to cut away some of the thickness right where the module needs to snap together.

For anyone who has completed this project any input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
The headliner needs to be shaved down literally to the last layer or two of that matting right before you hit the fabric. I just used a file with numerous test fittings. My bad for not mentioning it... completely forgot about that.

Also wear some gloves b/c it seems to be some type of fiberglass substance.. gets really itchy.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The article at the beginning of my thread has a lot of good pics, but I've snapped a few more that I will post when I'm done. I'm heading to Houston this weekend to visit a friend and pick up some furniture from my brother. I'll work on it some more in Houston with my friend who is the master when it comes to modification.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts