·
Registered
224 Posts
is this come with the factory switch?

let us know oky.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
According to the discription it looks as though it comes with an aftermarket micro switch and mounting bracket, not the turn signal mounted OEM switch. Of course this probably also means you can wire it to come on with just the parking lights and not the headlights only!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what they said you can use the factory wire, but it has a seperate switch as paul said, I chose this b/c I want to wire it up with my parklights.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I received my kit today, its the Pilot PL-330C foglights and the 2 nissan factory foglight trims that came in the kit. There was no factory stalk switch. I just wired it to my park light and it works great! The fog lights are about 3 inches round, and these foglights can be bought online for about 50 buck, which is alot cheaper than this site, but these light fit perfect in the trim. Tommorrow I will take some pics and post them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey G, hows the foglights working, you got any pictures of them and your wiring setup, seems like CoutesyNissan has a stronghold on some asseccories, some of the stuff on their website I cant find anywhere else, and the dealers cant find hardly anything for my Frontier.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Those look like they may be brighter than the projector style.Does the foglight side covers rotate in the holes.The reason i'm asking is i have a bigger
gap on the outer sides of the fog lamp and covers.Yours pic shows a small gap at the top right.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The gap is smaller on these all the way around, its a pretty good fit and they work great, im on vacation in florida and they are bright!

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
06NissFront6-spSE said:
Hey G, hows the foglights working, you got any pictures of them and your wiring setup, seems like CoutesyNissan has a stronghold on some asseccories, some of the stuff on their website I cant find anywhere else, and the dealers cant find hardly anything for my Frontier.
You just are asking the right people, LOL! Let me know if you run into a problem, I am always at your disposal

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, I ended up wiring it to the factory switch and it works great, its bright and it looks good too!

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The thing I noticed the lights shake way too much for my liking, so Im still thinking how to mount them or just switch over to the factory ones, from brian!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Shaking - not good. Please post any fix you come up with. Somehow one of mine (OEM) got shattered, I noticed it last night. Took out the lens almost completely and the bulb as well. I was thinking of using PIAAs in the amber tone, some guys here said they could make it work. Still, for the price on these it's something to think about.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just one thing.... I know I'm a dick about these kind of things because I do it for a living.... Take off the electrical tape, and either get some environment proof crimp connectors or slide some heat shrink over the wire, solder the connection, slide the heat shrink over the solder connection, and carefully use a lighter to shrink the heat shrink tubing. It's not as picky as I have to be on Aircraft, but it will save you many hassles down the road...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey, G.
I just bought the same foglight and I'm having little trouble connecting wire to parking light. Well, it's more like "where the hell is this parking light wire?:damn: ".
So far I've connected everything except to battery and this red wire that's supposed to be connected to parking light wire.
Help me out. Where is this wire?:hi:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts