Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get another cowl and paint it myself. Does anyone have the part number for the cowl? Dealership wants $84 for it and I have found places online for around $55 but they show 3 different cowls. Anyone know the difference between the 3? I would not of thought there was any. I would repaint mine but looks like someone tried to steal the driver side wiper arm and chewed up the cowl a little bit.

My next question is a painting tips. I plan on doing it myself just curious about sanding, what type of paint, etc.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
1. do you have satellite radio, use normal radio? If you have satellite or don't use the normal AM/FM radio the pathfinder cover dose NOT have the mount for an antenna thus cleaning up the cowl looks wise.
2. for the diffrent part number I only know of 2 the Frontier/Xterra one with the mount for the antenna and the pathfinder with out a mount for the antenna.
3. painting,
a, green scuff pad over the hole surface and a good wipe down with a degreaser type product or wipe, Touch-Up Repair Prep Wipe
b. a good plastic adhesion paint, Adhesion Promoter
c. follow that with what ever color you chose

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I removed mine, just wiped it down with alcohol, and used a rattle can of automotive paint as close to my truck color from Autozone and painted it. Looks good and has lasted over 1.5 years so far. Good thing is I can do it again if it ends up looking bad. 6 bucks for the paint.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone. I may try to sand the gauged spot and paint the old cowl first. Hopefully I can get it smoothed out a little bit and try some paint. I will get a new cowl if that doesn't work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.