Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know exhaust questions are plentiful on this forum but I'm having a hard time shopping around. I have a 2016 crew cab short bed. I know lots of parts from previous years will fit but I'm unsure about the exhaust. From searching the forum I think I want to go with dual in to get rid of the y pipe and from the majority of the reviews I have seen, anything over 2.5 inches after the muffler seems to sound okay but is loud inside the cab. Anytime I input my year and model on any parts site I come up with the same magnaflow cat back system. Can anyone recommend another cat back that is close to the specs above that will perform well, not sound like my pizza delivery guys hatchback, and fit a 2016? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
most websites top out at 2013 or 2014.... but it should fit your 2016, nothing has changed down there.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Anytime I input my year and model on any parts site I come up with the same magnaflow cat back system. Can anyone recommend another cat back that is close to the specs above that will perform well, not sound like my pizza delivery guys hatchback, and fit a 2016? :)

Just use MY 2012. Its all the same below. As to not sound like the pizza guy, you will likely need to put on a resonator. Some have put them between the cat & muffler, others after the muffler. Big variable is if you replace your manifold with a header. The 2nd cats act as a bit of a resonator/muffler. if you pull them (I've read reports of OEM cats failing & bits getting sucked into the exhaust valve) and either use a B pipe (test pipe) in place OR you do long tube headers, you'll want resonators between the header & muffler to cut the drone @ part throttle (2500-3500 rpm)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I'm going to do s little more shopping around. I'm going to keep the manifold for now as I won't have the funds for a complete system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts