Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just got a used 2011 Frontier SV last week and thought I could use some help and insight as I install some upgrades. I'm looking to use my Frontier to haul building supplies up to Mammoth Lakes and Big Bear CA to work on my rental properties.

I plan to install a used or new roof rack and hope to upgrade the radio to cover blue tooth calling, a trailer hitch and maybe a backup camera. I will be looking for any insight and recommendations into these projects from some who have done similar jobs.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I put an aftermarket radio in my truck. JVC 220BT to be exact. Has all the features I needed but I have found downfalls. The touchscreen is great, but I cannot dim it with the dash lights, only when I turn on the lights. I like it, sounds great but I find I have to turn off the display to drive it at night/in the early mornings heading into plow. I tend to be more sensative to light in the cab, as my old race cars I never hooked up lighting to my gauges (had to run mechanical, electric gauges are too bright).

Crutchfield was awesome to order from, the preice was great ($200 for everything, plus access to tech help). The dash is super easy to pull apart and the wiring directions were simple enough I was able to do it while building legos with my daughter! I also needed a dvd player i could play while moving (ie: override the safety) and the JVC simply needs grounding, no double pulse to wire in a toggle switch!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Drewbie for the lead on the stereo upgrade, I'll add that model to my list to check out.

1st order of business is to find a roof rack for strapping down oversize material. So far no luck with the wrecking yards, I found one in Arizona, but they wanted $450, plus shipping! Kind of steep for a used rack, new on line they are $300 and free shipping, but they are aftermarket, not OEM.

·
Vendor
2,796 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! Congrats on your purchase, show it to us when you get a chance. There are lots of great choices for parts, service and many owners willing to help you. Good luck with all your plans and keep us posted!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, Just got a used 2011 Frontier SV last week and thought I could use some help and insight as I install some upgrades. I'm looking to use my Frontier to haul building supplies up to Mammoth Lakes and Big Bear CA to work on my rental properties.

I plan to install a used or new roof rack and hope to upgrade the radio to cover blue tooth calling, a trailer hitch and maybe a backup camera. I will be looking for any insight and recommendations into these projects from some who have done similar jobs.
Just did an oem swap with an old double dinn sony radio
Newer ones fit better without the spacer kits
Depends on width of course
Research what radio you want then go from there
Found all the dash kits and Harness kits for my year on Amazon
Will be happy to answer any questions
Sorry only if I know the answer lol
I’m new to this as well
Good luck

·
Premium Member
2010 Nissan Frontier SE 180,000 miles.
191 Posts
Hey, Welcome to the Forums. Not far from you down the road in T

·
Premium Member
2010 Nissan Frontier SE 180,000 miles.
191 Posts

I plan to install a used or new roof rack and hope to upgrade the radio to cover blue tooth calling, a trailer hitch, and maybe a backup camera. I will be looking for any insight and recommendations into these projects from some who have done similar jobs.
Plageman,

There are a few places out in Perris that have used shells, racks, and other things. I'll try to find their # for you. One is just a guy's house that has tons of stuff off Ramona Expressway. Too bad I'm going back to work next month. I'd be more than happy to help you out with things. My mom just sold her place in Big Bear. I miss it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts