Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Another black headlight mod

8K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  BLKFRONTIER 
#1 · (Edited)
The truck is all finished up. I'm having a little issue with moisture in the headlights so I might need to take them out and re-seal them again. (Not looking forward to it!)

It was definitely a pain in the *** but having a second set of lights to play with made it a lot easier since I didn't have to rush or worry about the truck being out of commission.

Heres some of the before pics with the tint on the headlights and in progress pics...

NOW FOR THE AFTERS...
(STILL HAVE TO WORK ON THE LITTLE BIT OF MOISTURE I'M GETTING IN THERE)

See less See more
#2 ·
looks cool, but how much does that dim your headlights for night driving?

#5 · (Edited)
The tint isn't the new mod, thats what I had on before I painted the inside of the lights. And the tint wasn't too bad with the HIDs, I just wanted a new look.

Is there Another frontier parked next to you? Lol I cansee an se rim in the reflection of your bumper!
Good eye but no thats my roommates Xterra.

Get 3M window weld to seal the head lights back up. It's extremely similar to what the lights are sealed with fromthe factory. Just make sure to get the Polybutylene version and not the Polyurethane, if it comes in a caulking tube it's not what you want.
I might need to give that a shot then, I used a black silicone in a caulking tube from Home Depot. Should I reopen the lights or just seal around the edges?

#7 ·
New pics added to original post.

#9 ·
Thanks man. As soon as I can reseal them then they will be perfect. I used Krylon Fusion gloss black.

#10 · (Edited)
Looks good, but i'm biased. :) Our trucks should come like this from the factory.
It looks a ton better than the tacky all-chrome stock housings.

Mine started leaking after about 8-10 months. If yours do, just re-bake them and press them together super tight. While pressed together, run a thick bead of RTV. I'm going on 3+ months and no more leaks.

#11 ·
Looks good! Been meaning to try this on the stocker heads. Try pulling the turn signal bulb when it's hot and dry. Mines had condensation left over from when I put it together but after I aird it out it was fine.

#16 ·
I did like the tint a lot but it cut down on the HID output plus I wanted a little bit of a change and I love how they came out.

#17 ·
UPDATE: The moisture issue seems to of just been the fact that the silicone hadn't fully cured. So far I've washed it and gone through rain and no moisture/fogging issues.

This made the project a lot more cooler now that I don't have to open the lights up again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.