Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would LOVE to find out how to disable the beeping noise that alerts me that I've either left my keys in the ignition or the door ajar. I find it incredibly annoying. Does anyone know how to disable this???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that's one option - thanks for the helpful suggestion.

I feel like it's probably a simple mod but I just don't know enough about the electrical workings of the truck to figure it out. If anyone knows the actual answer to this I'd love to hear it.

Thanks to the admins for the cool site!

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is linked to the ignition some how. It is more of a safety feature and so people don't lock their keys in their truck. I know there is a fuse for it but I do believe it is intergrated with the ignition and you would have to take it apart (which is a huge pain!!). Hope this helps a little anyway!

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
If you were to disable the ignition switch and door switch to make the compurter think the key is out and the door is shut the security will not work.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Don't know for sure, but there is probably a chime wired into the harness somewhere. Looks a little like a relay (little boxy thing with a 2 or 4 wire plug on it) or a turn signal flasher. In my experience you can just unplug the wiring connector from the chime without any undue effects on the car's computer or other electronics.

Don't have any advice on finding it other than to put your key in the ignition, open the driver's side door, poke your head around under the dash and follow the sound. It's probably up behind the glove box somewhere. (Probably mounted right next to the turn signal clicker and the hazard light flasher.)

Good luck!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found it! I took the three screws on the underside of the steering column that held it together out and found the ignition. From there I simply disconnected two small wires (joined with a quick connect) and the beeping stopped. I still get the "fasten your seatbelt" beep (which is fine) but nothing happens if i leave my keys in the ignition so i'm happy. Yeah!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ground the wire going to the front door switch so it appears that door is closed all the time. Don't mess with the ignition switch, that would cause problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.