Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys think a frontier should come with if Nissan ever made an anniveasary edition Frontier?

My choice
Comes 4x4 or 4x2
Standard V8 with supercharger option
Standard 6sp auto
one exterior color
Only 2000 made 1000 of 4x4 and 1000 of 4x2

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
Good thought provoking topic.
I think the supercharger should be standard.
A functional hood scoop would help it breathe.

Clint

·
Registered
417 Posts
Why would you make it standard to have an auto trans? I know that I prefer manual transmissions. I do like the idea of a fox suspension too though

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would you make it standard to have an auto trans? I know that I prefer manual transmissions. I do like the idea of a fox suspension too though
For me I just have a preference of an auto trannys in trucks, and manuals in fun sporty cars. That's just what I would like to see. But you can add what you would rather see.

·
Registered
183 Posts
SAS, no IFS on them, that would be great! No carpet in the interior (kinda like the Xterra's rear storage area and how they can be sprayed out not destroying carpet), Lockers standard on 4X4 models (option on 4X2's), MT's, V8, rock sliders, real skids, light bar, maybe more but gotta keep the $$$ down dont want to end up spending 40K, lol!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
sounds nice but i can only imagine how incredibly expensive that would be...guess i'd better start saving now

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
For me I just have a preference of an auto trannys in trucks, and manuals in fun sporty cars. That's just what I would like to see. But you can add what you would rather see.
BUD! You want a v8 and a blower on top and you don't think it is sporty enough to have a manual?!??!

I want it to have a 500hp engine with either fox off road suspension or dropped 2" I also want it to have fiberglass bedsides and fenders and 4 15" subs in the back. I guess that's why we go to college

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
You gotta have something left to customize so it shouldn't be everything under the sun from the dealer. So, something conceivable should be in order. I like the 2000 models only, half 4x4 and half 4x2.

Standard on All (4x4 and 4x2)
Blown 4.0, 6 speed stick standard (auto as an option), 4 color choices (black, metallic red, metallic blue and the burnt orange the Z's used to have), color matched grill, mirrors, handles, etc., special interior treatment with anniversary logos on the seats and floor mats, anniversary shift knob (stick only), upholstery accents color matched (to body color).

Standard on 4x4
Lockers front and rear (front uses M205 diff), full skids (real ones), two recovery points front and two rear, off road wheels wrapped in BFG M/T's.

Standard on 4x2
2" Lowered, 18" wheels with Lo Pro rubber, front and rear sway bars, Tru Track out back, roll pan.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Convertible!!!!! Yeah ! Put the top down on my frontier and cruise.

Hahah it should come Titan swappd with a prg longtravel setup with the v8. Or pretty much just like serrated's truck.

But convertible too

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
still got a ways to go. frontier was introduced in 98, so its only 12 years old. dont expect an anniversary model until 20.

im surprised they only do it with the Z. the altima does get a SE-R every couple years tho. why not the maxima? im sure frontier would be farther down the list, and thats if they dont change the nameplate and reset the counter.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You gotta have something left to customize so it shouldn't be everything under the sun from the dealer. So, something conceivable should be in order. I like the 2000 models only, half 4x4 and half 4x2.

Standard on All (4x4 and 4x2)
Blown 4.0, 6 speed stick standard (auto as an option), 4 color choices (black, metallic red, metallic blue and the burnt orange the Z's used to have), color matched grill, mirrors, handles, etc., special interior treatment with anniversary logos on the seats and floor mats, anniversary shift knob (stick only), upholstery accents color matched (to body color).

Standard on 4x4
Lockers front and rear (front uses M205 diff), full skids (real ones), two recovery points front and two rear, off road wheels wrapped in BFG M/T's.

Standard on 4x2
2" Lowered, 18" wheels with Lo Pro rubber, front and rear sway bars, Tru Track out back, roll pan.
Yes, Le Mans Sunset orange with the black pearl emblems, and gunmetal or similar color matched NISMO wheels, black housing headlights/tails. Similar to the Alty SE-Rs. Maybe Lowerence GPS standard

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
And don't forget the power fold mirrors and rear view monitor.

Clint

1 - 20 of 21 Posts