Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, so i got my 2006 se king cab 4x4 january 22nd this year with 80,000kms. i bought the highest warrentee with it, which now i have grown to regret wasting my money.

when i took it in for its first oil change they claimed i had to pay for it, when the warrentee package i bought had 10 free ones, i questioned them on it and they told me i bought the cheapest warrentee, even though i wouldln't have bothered other wise unless i went for the full out warentee....

a couple days ago i took it in for another oil change at 99950kms, and with a couple complaints that i ASSUMED would be covered under the warrentee i bought with it thats supposed to cover me to 160 000kms....

they tell me the driveshaft/u joints, transfer case, transmission, and rear end has to be replaced, and i have to foot the labour bill.... you couldn't imagine my shock.

i took it to another dealer (THANK GOD) and they are covering it under warrentee completely, and also told me that the truck was covered still by the previous owners warrentee...which the dealer i got it from failed to tell me!

anyway an happy ending, i just hope there are no more problems, i can't believe the problems with these trucks!:thatswck:

anyway, another sad thing, my truck reached 100 000kms :(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Unfortunately you found out like a lot of us that many of our trucks problems are "dealer induced". If they'd fix things right the first time, I'd have a lot higher opinion of my Frontier.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,877 Posts
yup - my dealer has left such a fouls taste in my mouth that i wont buy another car from them again. i get my service done at a third party shop now.

to the OP - 100k is just breaking it in! glad its gonna get fixed properly

·
Registered
325 Posts
Do you still have the paperwork from when you bought your extended warranty? Everything should be right there, black and white, what they cover and don't cover.

BTW clean your gauge cluster glass, it's gross.

·
Registered
881 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
hey, so i got my 2006 se king cab 4x4 january 22nd this year with 80,000kms. i bought the highest warrentee with it, which now i have grown to regret wasting my money.

when i took it in for its first oil change they claimed i had to pay for it, when the warrentee package i bought had 10 free ones, i questioned them on it and they told me i bought the cheapest warrentee, even though i wouldln't have bothered other wise unless i went for the full out warentee....

a couple days ago i took it in for another oil change at 99950kms, and with a couple complaints that i ASSUMED would be covered under the warrentee i bought with it thats supposed to cover me to 160 000kms....

they tell me the driveshaft/u joints, transfer case, transmission, and rear end has to be replaced, and i have to foot the labour bill.... you couldn't imagine my shock.

i took it to another dealer (THANK GOD) and they are covering it under warrentee completely, and also told me that the truck was covered still by the previous owners warrentee...which the dealer i got it from failed to tell me!

anyway an happy ending, i just hope there are no more problems, i can't believe the problems with these trucks!:thatswck:

anyway, another sad thing, my truck reached 100 000kms :(
I'd take the dealer to small claims court and report them to the BBB for bad business practices. They sold you a warranty and wouldn't "honor" it.

:thatswck:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Could I ask who is your extended warrenty with? .. thanks

d-mo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey, i bought the warrentee through trans canada nissan in peterborough ontario--- i have the paper work i have brought it in to show them (thats why the second dealer honoured it) however when the second dealership looked up my warrentee on the computer it said i had the small warrentee? (WTF?!) but they confirmed the extended warrentee for me on my bill of sale.

i phoned nissan canada (or whatever those folks call themselves) and they are "looking into it"

the problems are being fixed, however its a hour drive from town here, and with my tight school and work schedule, right now finding a time to get it into them is the issue lol. such a pain in the *** to have a shitty dealer in your town :(

in regards to my gauge cluster glass peice/sneeze guard i really don't got the time to be worrying about how clean that stupid peice of glass is lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just to add as sort of a vent, i'm sure some of you members feel the same way:

i bought an import for import quality. if i wanted crap quality i would have spent 7 grand less on a GM! my old car, 1996 suzuki x90 4x4 made it to 280 000kms (and still runs) with minimal work. i never had to do anything major to the car, like a transmission, rear end, or drive shaft!!!

i love my truck but, i'm REALLY disapointed in the quality. next time i will be buying a dodge or a ford. then i won't feel so bad when they start going to crap prematurely.

if only my work truck could be my daily driver :p

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
A Dodge?!? Did you really just say buy a Dodge?!?! I have crazy at times but not stupid. :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
to the OP - 100k is just breaking it in! glad its gonna get fixed properly
Uhhh... I would agree that 100k would just be breaking in the truck if it didnt have any issues, however he needs to have the driveshaft/u joints, transfer case, transmission, and rear replaced. Thats like half the truck...

Not trying to jinx the poor guy but I wouldnt be suprised to once he has the above items fixed the timing chain guides and FSU will fail.

If it were me I would be pretty pissed too. I doubt my truck will see 100k in my ownership. Probably wont even see 50k. I've pretty much decided that mine will be sold or traded in before the powertrain warranty is up. Its not worth the risk of all the common issues that seem to plague these trucks.

Rant over

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uhhh... I would agree that 100k would just be breaking in the truck if it didnt have any issues, however he needs to have the driveshaft/u joints, transfer case, transmission, and rear replaced. Thats like half the truck...

Not trying to jinx the poor guy but I wouldnt be suprised to once he has the above items fixed the timing chain guides and FSU will fail.

If it were me I would be pretty pissed too. I doubt my truck will see 100k in my ownership. Probably wont even see 50k. I've pretty much decided that mine will be sold or traded in before the powertrain warranty is up. Its not worth the risk of all the common issues that seem to plague these trucks.

Rant over
i totally am thinking the same thing about the timing chain and FSU... actually asked them to check that crap out as well becuase i just assumed they'd be gone to crap too.

i'm seriously considering getting rid of the truck before my warrentee runs up (160 000kms) i just don't trust it, i put on alot of kms on my vehicle and i need something reliable. (hense WHY i bought a nissan)

some say the truck is better after stuff like that is fixed, others are plagued with problems after problems and its just too much of a risk. i love my truck i really do! but i can't believe how much of a peice of **** it is lol :comphead:

PS: i'm a girl :p

·
Super Moderator
11,396 Posts
i totally am thinking the same thing about the timing chain and FSU... actually asked them to check that crap out as well becuase i just assumed they'd be gone to crap too.

i'm seriously considering getting rid of the truck before my warrentee runs up (160 000kms) i just don't trust it, i put on alot of kms on my vehicle and i need something reliable. (hense WHY i bought a nissan)

some say the truck is better after stuff like that is fixed, others are plagued with problems after problems and its just too much of a risk. i love my truck i really do! but i can't believe how much of a peice of **** it is lol :comphead:

PS: i'm a girl :p
That's why your name is farm girl!
What do I win? :laugh:

Clint

1 - 14 of 14 Posts