Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BRAKE FLUID!!!!!

got a beautiful brake fluid leak that just pours out when u stomp on the brake pedal. gonna have it towed tomorrow to get that fixed. Anybody else have this happen to them around 45k on the odo? Its coming from the tranny area. i really didnt look at it much so i cant tell you exactly where.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know. im keeping myself in a good mood until i get the bill for something i don't have money to fix. Its wonderful cuz it puts my SAS on hold even longer now...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
wow thats pretty crazy - you should peak under there and see if it's due to a clip rubbing on it, where something rubber or plastic should have been holding it to prevent chaffing... I guess the next time i'm under mind i'll take a peak to make sure its ok...

If it's due to a part that should be there, then it may be covered...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everything is all better now. and it wasn't as bad as i thought. still a brake fluid leak, but there was just like a bad seal coming out of the master and it was just running down there. Fixed and only cost me 100 bucks. Just not having her for one day messed the entire day up 4 me. I really do love my fronty, if she had lady parts there would b no need for a girlfriend.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
my hardline burst right above the tranny once when i was offroading. it was rubbing against something until it wore too thin and burst. first i noticed the brake light on the dash, checked the parking brake, then smelled it burning and it was obvious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts