Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven't posted in quite sometime. Been hella busy with work and school but added a few upgrades and replacements. Will work on gettin pics for proof of work done. So in the last 6 months i've replaced my Centerlink and Tie-rod ends. Added an AC/Rancho Steering Stabilizer and Idle Arm Brace, an ARB bumber with a Warn M800. (i think the M800 might a lil small for our trucks but twas a hard deal to pass on) I've replaced my ball joints twice (SAS is in the future) I added some AC 1/2" Ball Joint Spacers today to see if they'll make the Joints last a lil longer. The spindle inside the Ball Joints is more vertical now rather then stretched at an angle. Oh and bout 3 months ago I had my rig broke into and the stereo was almost stolen. They just broke the center bezel off and ripped the face off my touch screen deck tryin to get it out. Also on memorial day weekend i was on my way home from work, stopped at a light and a drunk girl hit me goin bout 35-40. Lucky her Kia went right under me and only bent the bumper. Her Kia was totaled. Thats all for now...

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
you mean a warn m8000 right? those are pleanty strong for these trucks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah mike I mention m8000, lil retard moment. I thought that the m800 was rated more for smaller rigs like jeeps. The curb weight of our trucks is 5500 lbs, 2000 more then them. Maybe just short pulse tugs? Have you had to use yours? Lol. I mean your rig goes anywhere and don't really need it unless you're pullin someone else out.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i have used it several times in snow when i was buried down to the axle and it pulled me right out like it was free spooling (snow doesn't put up much resistance).
i have used it while climbing a large wet rock face and it pulled great.

the only time i have really put it to the test was when i was stuck in some clay down to the axles, as i winched out, the mud built up and was pretty much getting bulldozed by my front axle. by the time i got out, mud was packed up in front of the axle up to the bumper. the winch was obviously working hard, but did not struggle. i was using it for at least a good five minutes under that load. it performed flawlessly.
i have nothing but good things to say about the m8000, and my next winch will definitely be a warn.

you can see in this pic that i was buried to the hubs... that means that half of the pumpkin is anchored in the mud. backing up didn't do anything at all.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for random misspelled words, using my iPod and free wifi at work. Good to hear that the m8000 holds up like a champ cuz Ive yet to use it. Yeah I understand the snow part. Living a 20 minute drive outside the rocky mountains my rig sees it's fair share of snow wheeling. It's the main reason on gettin a winch. Dude there is still snow in spots up
there right now... Well just drifts in the shady spots but still makes it tough to get across. The supercharged engine doe great at 10,000 ft compared to my na hardbody I used to rock. My lady's off road packaged xterra can hanlde it's own as well. Now I'm on a drunken ramble, peace homie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts