Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well, we all do what we desire with our assets... hope yours works out for ya!

Mine will definitely work out for me 馃槑

Registered
For someone that seems to have read the entire owners book, surprised you think there鈥檚 a filter.
What is it you want to hear, seems like you don鈥檛 trust any info from members here.

change the fluid with whatever ATF that鈥檚 spec鈥檇 for the truck. Amsoil is good,maxlife is good. Nothing will happen.

Registered
Maxlife's better than just good, it's easily at least as good as the OEM fill, many folk here ( including me ) use it cause it's way cheaper than the OE ( which is just rebottled / relabeled anyway ). Don't overthink it, if it's MaticS compatible, it's just fine. 103k and change on mine, changed at around 60k, still shifts like new ( which given the Jatco TCM programming, isn't saying that much ).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
change the fluid with whatever ATF that鈥檚 spec鈥檇 for the truck
I'll do that. Thank you!

And, I never said I had read the entire owner's manual. All it says is to take the truck to a dealer, and that's not going to happen!

Don't overthink it
I won't. Thanks again!

Registered
Another trick to do is place magnets around the oil filter and put one on the bottom of the tranny pan too.

It's interesting to do a little research and see how this is very helpful for long term reliability of one's engine and tranny
There's already two magnets in your pan free of charge from nissan, their way ahead of ya.....no filter though, amsoil oil is fine, you can download a free copy of nissans service manual at club nico that will answer almost all your questions without dealing with all the different opinions on here.

Registered
.................... you can download a free copy of nissans service manual at club nico that will answer almost all your questions without dealing with all the different opinions on here.
Here's the link....

Registered
2005 Frontier, 4l, 6 speed crew cab, 4WD
Amsoil says their fluid meets or exceeds OE fluid requirements and is probably better fluid.

Besides, it may not be legal for a manufacturer to require their product to be used to retain warranty rights.

I've been hearing about legal problems for manufacturers to disallow warranty rights when aftermarket parts are used.

The user manual does not specify whether the OE fluid is synthetic or not, so it's it's not then using synthetic is a step up in quality
You nailed it. As good or better is the operative phrase. If a fluid exceeds manufacturers recommend specs it can't be used against you for warranty issues.

Registered
2018 Frontier 2wd king cab
For my 2019 Frontier (auto tranny), I was thinking on doing a drain-n-fill using Amsoil synthetic tyrannt fluid just to get synthetic fluid in it.

I noticed the Nissan owner's manual says to not use anything but genuine Nissan fluid, and if using something other than their fluid to not mix

But, Amsoil says their tranny fluid will mix just fine... so has anybody done this and it worked out OK?
Oil is great haven't tried tranny fluid yet though.

Registered
Maxlife's better than just good, it's easily at least as good as the OEM fill, many folk here ( including me ) use it cause it's way cheaper than the OE ( which is just rebottled / relabeled anyway ). Don't overthink it, if it's MaticS compatible, it's just fine. 103k and change on mine, changed at around 60k, still shifts like new ( which given the Jatco TCM programming, isn't saying that much ).
Yep I wonder how many times it's recycled?

Registered
Many moons ago I worked at a TLE some of the guys poured anti freeze, brake fluid, tranny fluid, etc into the oil recovery bin. Then the oil truck picked it up to be recycled.

Registered
Many moons ago I worked at a TLE some of the guys poured anti freeze, brake fluid, tranny fluid, etc into the oil recovery bin. Then the oil truck picked it up to be recycled.
I thought this was still normally done. The chem processing plant uses all the crud as base stock and does it's magic. yes, no ?

Reactions: wjjones

Registered
I thought this was still normally done. The chem processing plant uses all the crud as base stock and does it's magic. yes, no ?
I hope so. They filter out the impurities I would guess? Some oil brands I wonder though sometimes.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts