Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Frontier SE CC 4x4
I have an MTX 421D mounted behind my driver's side side rear seat with two clips and my seat can still be pushed up I'll try and get some pics up of my 8" L5 under the 60 side of the bench as well. however I did completely unbolt the seat to put it in.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
how thick is your amp? i cannot put my seats up with my kicker amps behind the seat. i can lift the seat up almost all the way, but not far enough for it to latch up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
frontbump22 said:
2005 Frontier SE CC 4x4
I have an MTX 421D mounted behind my driver's side side rear seat with two clips and my seat can still be pushed up I'll try and get some pics up of my 8" L5 under the 60 side of the bench as well. however I did completely unbolt the seat to put it in.
Wow, you seat will still come up and latch?!
I had looked at that as an option for my MTX564, but figured moving/storing the jack was not worthwhile if the seat would not come all the way up!
Guess I will still have to figure out what to do with items in teh utility trays once the sub goes in!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
no no, it CANNOT be latched. i thought you said you still could latch yours. i was just wondering how thick your mtx amp is compared to my kickers

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
i am of course talking about the bench part of the seat, not the back rest. the back rest latches with no problems at all. it is the bottom that wont latch up. just thought id clear that up....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey Livin Loud I realize this thread is a little old but I was wonderin what model amps are behind your seats. Thinkin about doing the same thing with my amps.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
BBFBKev said:
Hey Livin Loud I realize this thread is a little old but I was wonderin what model amps are behind your seats. Thinkin about doing the same thing with my amps.
on the highs i have a kicker kx600.4 and on the subs i have a kicker kx600.1

·
Registered
124 Posts
livin_loud said:
BBFBKev said:
Very KickA__ system by the way. I'm leaning towards puttin the amps behind the seats like I said. Either that or one under either front seat. I'm doing a single 10" sub with component sets in the front and rear doors. The only other thing I was thinking was if the amps get 2 hot behind the seats ...looks pretty tight back there.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
BBFBKev said:
livin_loud said:
BBFBKev said:
Very KickA__ system by the way. I'm leaning towards puttin the amps behind the seats like I said. Either that or one under either front seat. I'm doing a single 10" sub with component sets in the front and rear doors. The only other thing I was thinking was if the amps get 2 hot behind the seats ...looks pretty tight back there.
just this past weekend me and a few friends went fishing/camping. we had a big fire going with the tunes bumpin from my fronty. i had it cranked up pretty loud. after about 3 hours of playing i went to start it up to recharge the battery. while doing this i checked the amps. both amps have cooling fans in them. the 600.1 pushing the subs wasnt even hardly warm. the fan wasnt even running. reason being --- it is a class D ampifier. the 600.4 pushing the compents was fairly warm. the fan was running in that one. i checked it again later on and it wasnt any warmer. so mine are staying cool. the only one i worry about is the 600.4. if it didnt have a fan, it may have gotten a little too warm.....i guess i will never know. by the way.........what kind of 10 are you putting in your setup?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
livin_loud said:
.....what kind of 10 are you putting in your setup?
and where is it going? are you fabricating the enclosure? inquiring minds wanna know!

·
Registered
124 Posts
To answer both your questions the equipment I just purchased that should show up Thur. is....
2 sets of Infinity Kappa Perfects 6.1 component sets for the front and rear doors

1 10" kappa 104.7w for the sub it is going in a sealed enclosure firing up under the 60 side of the rear seat. A guy I know is building it out of 3/4 MDF for me. Since it's what he does for a living I trust him to do a good job. I was intending to go with a Perfect 10 to match the compnent sets if your wondering but the mounting depth was 2 deep.

1 Infinity REF7541A 4 channel amp powering the component sets.

1 Infinity REF611A mono amp for the sub. I'm starting to lean towards putting the amps behind the rear seats(thanks Livin_Loud) but I haven't ruled out under the front seats. I'll figure it out for sure when I can actually test fit them.

As far as head unit.....haven't narrowed that down much. I would like to keep the steering wheel controls so I might even keep factory deck and use the fancy JLaudio dsp/line level converter, or buy one of those steering wheel control interface deals. Yet to be determined.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Sounds great, or at least should when you get it all hooked up!
Just a thought on the amp placement - I did remove a 3' long plastic AC vent that went from the center console up front to under the passenger seat. That allowed for a more even mounting of the amp.

·
Registered
33 Posts
frontbump22 said:
2005 Frontier SE CC 4x4
I also mounted an Elemental Designs NINe.4 there and I can get the seat to latch. I had to mount the amp horizontally and place it so the top two mounting brackets were on the plastic. This amp is 2.25" deep. It was originally lower on the wall, but with te way the seat presses back at the bottom when raised, I had no chance of getting it to latch. I did not have to remove the seat for this install.

·
Registered
79 Posts
How do you mount the amps to the back wall?? Do you just screw through the sheet metal?? I am considering something like this but I don't want holes through the wall if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Q-Tip said:
How do you mount the amps to the back wall?? Do you just screw through the sheet metal?? I am considering something like this but I don't want holes through the wall if I can avoid it.
i didnt even screw mine down. the seat hits the top edge of the amp and holds it against the back wall. the amps also fit PERFECT between the seat brackets, so they cannot slide around at all. i thought about cutting a piece of wood to fit behind the seats and screwing the amps to it, but i didnt think there would be enough room. so i tryed just setting them back there and have had no trouble so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts