Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
i have one. sandiagan05fronty recommended them. i bought the 6" black powder coated one (she has the 12" version). the installation is easy. just remove the stock antenna, and replace it with the new antenna. cheap, great upgrade.

if you are thinking of getting the 6" and need to see what it looks like on the truck, let me know and i can take a pic for you...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
krypto89 said:
i have one. sandiagan05fronty recommended them. i bought the 6" black powder coated one (she has the 12" version). the installation is easy. just remove the stock antenna, and replace it with the new antenna. cheap, great upgrade.

if you are thinking of getting the 6" and need to see what it looks like on the truck, let me know and i can take a pic for you...
If you don't mind taking a pic? Which color/style did you get? I am kind worried about the antenna getting stolen though...you're not using any locktite to hold it in?

·
Registered
298 Posts
here's a few pics to gain a good perspective. its a 6" black powdercoated one:

yes, they are easy to remove, so i'll know who took it if its missing tomorrow. :wink: actually, the antenna is useless without the adapter screw and that screw is pretty fixed if you tighten it hard enough.

if you find a way to secure it better, let me know....

·
Registered
224 Posts
i have a chrome one,

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I assume you unscrew your factory antenna and then install this antenna with a set screw. Is that correct?

Thank you,

OkieScot

·
Registered
298 Posts
OkieScot said:
I assume you unscrew your factory antenna and then install this antenna with a set screw. Is that correct?

Thank you,

OkieScot
you are correct. the universal antenna comes with three adaptor screws and one of them matches the frontier diameter. screw in the adaptor tightly and then the antenna right after. then youre done!...

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
1,482 Posts
Notice any reception loss?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
krypto89,

Thank you for the reply, this will have to go on my to do list as soon as it fits in the budget.

OkieScot

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the AMI stubby antenna in white? I am trying to make up
my mind whether to go with the chrome to match the rest of the shine or the white to
match the color of my truck.

What do the rest of you think, white or chrome?

OkieScot

·
Registered
538 Posts
For you
White of course
it would come together nicely.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
krypto89 said:

Mine actually measures @ 9 inches installed. I got the black because I think it looks good on storm grey.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
kansasfrontier,

Thank you for the reply. I wish I could see it, my mind does not visualize things very well. If I could find them locally I could just carry one out to the parking lot and then I
could easily make up my mind.

OkieScot

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
sandiegan05fronty,

It looks like your buy was a few dollars cheaper. Have you had any problem with the antenna coming loose? My oem antenna kept coming loose until I got a wrench and
tightened it, It does not look like the AMI has any flats on it that would accept a wrench for tighhtening purposes.

OkieScot

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
OkieScot said:
sandiegan05fronty,

It looks like your buy was a few dollars cheaper. Have you had any problem with the antenna coming loose? My oem antenna kept coming loose until I got a wrench and
tightened it, It does not look like the AMI has any flats on it that would accept a wrench for tighhtening purposes.

OkieScot
No problem what so ever OkieScot, I went on the website to ck and see if it came in white, sure enough it does. I think your truck would look hot with a white one. Good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts