Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.. i have a 2005 SE crew cab with factory 16" wheels. I'm looking at some american racing tactic rims for my truck. I've been doing some research so i have a pretty good idea of what all i'll need but i just wanna try to get some input from you guys. I just bought new tires (last week) so I'm not gonna be changing the wheel size. The 16" tactic comes with a 6x5.5 bolt pattern so i know i'll need adapters, and from what i've heard they need to be 1.5" thick to clear the factory lugs. I do want the tires to stick out a little further than stock. I know the factory rims are 30mm offset and the tactics are 12mm offset... also i believe the factory rim is 7" deep and the tactic is 8". So is it safe to assume that my tires will stick out about 2.5" (+18mm for the difference in offset) more than stock? They also make this rim in a 0 offset if i wanted it to stick out a little further. Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
You can use a 1.25 spacers
What is the back spacing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The backspacing is 4.97" on the 12mm offset... and it is 4.5" on the 0mm offset... so thats only roughly an extra half inch by going with the 0 offset. Oh and the hub bore is 78.3 on these... don't know if that matters or not??

·
Registered
874 Posts
Those arent going to stick out a little further with the 1.5" or 1.25" spacers, they are going to stick out a LOT, the rim without the spacer being that is an inch wider will push the wheel out then adding the spacers will take you ever farther. My wheels have an 18mm offset and 5.25 backspace and they came out to the edge without spacers, I had to use a 1.25" spacer in the rear only to match the front with my spindle lift.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok... so i'm still on the fence about the wheels... i'm also looking at moto metal 951's... but dont know whether to go with the 16x8 0 offset or the 16x9 -12 offset... any suggestions? Tires are 265/75R16 Mastercraft Courser AT2. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Ok... so i'm still on the fence about the wheels... i'm also looking at moto metal 951's... but dont know whether to go with the 16x8 0 offset or the 16x9 -12 offset... any suggestions? Tires are 265/75R16 Mastercraft Courser AT2. Thanks.
Moto metal 951's are the badest rim out there!!! Get it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The 951 was my original choice... but they are getting really common... alot of people have 'em now. I still like them too though. Do you have any suggestions on the width and offset? I'd like my tires to stick out some and i plan to put the 2.5" calmini lift on sometime soon as well. Just dont want the 9" to be too wide for the tire I have. 265/75-16

EDIT: And another thing i just thought about... will i be able to re-use my TPMS valve stems in my new wheels or will I have to buy more and have the computer re-programmed to keep the light in the dash off?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was looking at the 951s too, but just like you said, they are getting pretty common. They are one of the best looking black rims out there that easily fit our truck.

Edit: If you want to see what the 951s would look like Jeff024 has them on his truck here.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts