Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys i am new here but have been a lurker here for a looong time! OK so here is goes.. I drive a 2002 Nissan Frontier XE 2WD Desert Runner ..my problem started this morning. I started my truck up and took off to work i got about a half mile down the street and my truck all of a sudden would not rev past 2000 rpm.. so i turned around to bring her back home slowly, I got almost home and it stopped. i was able to drive again and went to work. on my lunch break the exact same thing happened lasted a few minutes then i was able to drive again. so i got home and hooked up my scan tool. Now my check engine light was already on for the fuel temp sensor being bad ( got the parts on order). but another code was there P1490 Vacuum Valve bypass Valve.. is this my issue with the Limp mode? or do i have other problems. I tried to clear the codes. and drive around a bit and its still happening with the same codes coming up

any help with this would be great !

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
The vacuum cut valve bypass valve is part of the evaporative emissions system, which is the system that includes the charcoal canister to store fuel vapors until they can be introduced into the intake and burned during the normal combustion cycle of the engine, rather than have the vapors vent into the atmosphere. It shouldn't cause the engine to into fail safe mode.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts