Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I've owned an '06 Frontier SE Crew for almost four years now and couldn't be happier. So far, my only unresolved issue is with the tire pressure monitors (hate lettin' go of that money), and the only other non-wearable parts problems I've had I've been able to solve myself (with the help of this excellent forum). I just decided to finally register so I can share some picks of my nifty McGuyver fix to the Fuel Sending Unit.

Thanks for all the help already, and I hope I can contribute as much as I've gained from this great forum community!

Peace!
Steven
Central Louisiana

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
We look forward to your pictures. I have also received a lot of help here for various things. Such a great resource. Glad to have you here.

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
I sent you a private message.

Clint

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
I was reading your signature, how bad was the damages from the two times the truck was hit?

Clint

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clint, the first time it was hit while parked on the street outside my brother's apartment by an impared lady in a Mercedes. My brother and I heard the crash while watching TV and he jokingly said "someone must have hit your truck". When we got outside, I saw that it was just that - and that the lady was trying to drive away. But her right tie-rod was broken and she was stuck going forward and back all down the left side of my truck. The body shop had to replace the rear bumper, the left outer bed side panel and support structures, the back door skin, and bodywork the front door and fender. The body shop owner praised the fit and quality of the Nissan replacement parts saying that he didn't have to massage a thing to make them all fit.

The second time it was parked in the same location (this is a street where lots of people park and mine seems to be the only vehicle anyone can remember being hit) and I was in Hawaii when my brother called to tell me it had been struck by a drunk guy in a Mercedes. He nailed it pretty good in the rear and shoved it into a car in front of it. This time it needed a new rear bumper, tow hitch and harness, front bumper and insert, right rear frame straightening, and various bodywork.

The body shop I use did such good work that you could never tell it had been worked on if you didn't already know. I'm racking up some door dings, though, in spite of my best efforts to park well away from idiots and their ole' beaters. :-(

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Welcome, and if no one has told you before, watch out for Mercs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again for the warm welcome, everyone!

Latest news is that once I got my fuel level sending unit fixed, the next day codes PO420 & PO430 popped up. CatCon problems made my heart skip. :crikey: But after checking on this forum and double checking in my warranty manual I was very relieved to find that the warranty on them is 80K - leaving me a whopping 6000 miles before I would've been totally screwed. As things stand now, the local dealership diagnosed at no charge and should be calling me in a couple of days, once the replacements arrive, to change them out - once again, at no charge to me. Whew!

I never thought I would be happy to have my cats go bad - but in this case I'm glad it happened when it did...

Peace!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts