Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2022 Frontier Pro 4X, 4% Ceramic Tint, Tonnue Cover,
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Kai, from Hawaii. Proud owner of a '22 Frontier Pro 4x. (Traded in my '21 sentra Nismo) I have so many plans with this truck. I was wondering what kind of after market cold air intake system would you recommend and also an exhaust system?, what else can i do to beef up the motor. I already ordered a Tonnue bed cover, RC 6" lift, looking at mud terrains, rims at the moment.
Any advice helps...

Mahalo Nui 馃槑馃

Registered
Welcome to the forum Kai, there is someone on here "can't remember name off hand" but him and his wife have the 22s with exhaust on both. He posted videos of both.. one a little more mellow than the other. Shouldn't be too hard to find. Have fun and keep us posted on upgrades.

Premium Member
2020 PRO-4X, Icom IC-229H ham radio, 4K front and rear dashcam, Leer canopy
Aloha Kai! Former Aloha state person here. Looks like you'll have lots of fun with those mods.

Big Island?

Maui no ka oi!

Registered
I'm Kai, from Hawaii. Proud owner of a '22 Frontier Pro 4x. (Traded in my '21 sentra Nismo) I have so many plans with this truck. I was wondering what kind of after market cold air intake system would you recommend and also an exhaust system?, what else can i do to beef up the motor. I already ordered a Tonnue bed cover, RC 6" lift, looking at mud terrains, rims at the moment.
Any advice helps...

Mahalo Nui 馃槑馃
Welcome!

I can't help much with the lift and hopefully someone chimes in about that.

My wife and I did upgrade our exhaust systems on our Frontiers. I also put an AFE intake on my S model and wife's SV we did the AFE TBS with K&N filter.

I did post in our build thread with some videos on the exhaust.

As far as getting more power, it is not a night and day differance, but our trucks do drive better for us.

On my S model I replaced the factory piping from the secondary cats and upgraded the piping to. Mine is galvanized, being where you are at I would make sure it is stainless so it lasts.

I would either replace the muffler and upgrade from the muffler to 3 inches to the back of the truck if you go with a straight thru muffler.

If you go with a chambered I would look at maybe upgraded from cats. I would go to 2 1/4 into the muffler then a single 3 inch out. You might be able to use a straight through muffler upgrade the pipe size from the cats, but I was worried about losing to velocity and losing low end.

With the air intake AFE or Z1 offroad are the only 2 I know of.

I have the AFE and like it. Only complaint is it does get really loud under full throttle starting at 2500 RPM. I went with the oiled filter. I chose this intake over AFE because there dyno showed more torque then the Z1.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions I will try to help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts