Nissan Frontier Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Nismo Frontier
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
...Right up to when he said ""I'm putting ALL MY WEIGHT on that brake pedal trying to get SOMETHING to happen"" (emphasis by OP)

Press harder any brake pedal, with or without a defective booster, and all 4 wheels will lock, until unlocked by abs.
RamTest... you need to just stop man... You clearly don't know what you're talking about. I just had this exact scenario happen and there's no way all 4 wheels will lock with the defective brake booster even with my 6'3" 190lb frame mashing the pedal. Try for yourself in a safe area. You'll see.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
RamTest... you need to just stop man... You clearly don't know what you're talking about. I just had this exact scenario happen and there's no way all 4 wheels will lock with the defective brake booster even with my 6'3" 190lb frame mashing the pedal. Try for yourself in a safe area. You'll see.
You ever get this fixed?

·
Registered
893 Posts
NopeNoway, you just confirmed you still have significant brake problems that weren't resolved by your new booster and master cylinder.

I'd like to help you out, but you have been incapable of undoing a basic electrical connection, even after being given pictures and detailed instructions. You're not qualified to work on brakes, to say the least. Bring it to a shop.

Actually an hour ago, driving 40mph downhill in my Town Car, I place it in neutral, shut off the engine, tapped out the booster vacuum, then hit the brakes. At about double normal pedal pressure, everything on my seats immediately ended up on the floor, at which point I ended the test. Never came close to "mashing" on the pedal. And I need brakes badly.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
New booster and master cylinder. Hmmmm. I wonder who said that before. < mic drop > You've been a great crowd, don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So just curious on this. Are you sure the master and booster were bad? I agree replacing them could seem like it fixed the problem but I have seen bleeder screws that when not fully tightened will not let fluid out but they WILL let air into the system at the caliper. Water/fluid tight does not imply air tight no matter anyone else says. Air molecules are smaller than fluid molecules.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts