Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2006 Frontier Nismo that needs an allignment. I just changed the front shocks and I'm now getting ready to have it alligned. My friend also has a 2006 frontier with a 2" lift and he told me that I would need to purchase camber bolts to allign my Frontier. I dont have a lift of any kind and while reading some posts, some people like Greg say that most 2" lifts dont need the cam bolts. My questions is, do I need cam bolts to allign my Frontier that is not lifted? I dont want any surprises from the shop once I take it in. If I need the cam bolts, where can buy them and how much should I expect to pay for them?

Thanks for the replies in advance. By the way, I got my nismo shock from someone on this forum thanks to some good advise :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have a 2006 Frontier Nismo that needs an allignment. I just changed the front shocks and I'm now getting ready to have t alligned. My friend also has a 2006 frontier with a 2" lift and he told me that I would need to purchase camber bolts to allign my Frontier. I dont have a lift of any kind and while reading some posts, some people like Greg say that most 2" lifts dont need the cam bolts. My questions is, do I need cam bolts to allign my Frontier that is not lifted? I dont want any surprised from the shop once I take it in. If I need the cam bolts, where can buy them and how much should I expect to pay for them?

Thanks for the replies in advance. By the way, I got my nismo shock from someone on this forum thanks to some good advise :)
If all you did was install the NISMO shocks, you probably won't need an alignment. However, I would still recommend buying the camber bolts because down the road things may change and you'll want the ability to put things back in spec. They're relatively cheap from PRG, so it's not a huge investment.

If you plan on installing a drop bracket kit in the future, you may hold off because those kits will include a set of camber bolts. However, most leveling kits will not have those bolts, so if you go that route you'll need to get them on your own. If you get any leveling kit from PRG, I am sure Greg will give you a great deal on the camber bolts to correct whatever sort of lift you are getting from him.

Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do plan to lift my truck but I cant anytime soon due to my finanaces. I need the allignment because my frontier was repaired from the right side and I dont think it was alligned; plus I can feel that I need the allignment.

As it is right now, do I need the camber bolts to have it alligned at a shop? :confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wouldn't think you'd need anything but a skilled mechanic.
Not sure what you mean by that. A skilled mechanic can't adjust anything if there isn't anything to adjust. The camber bolts allow you to change the angles because they are slotted and move in eccentric holes to move the front and rear of the control arms in, or out.

You still need an alignment rack or some measuring tools and knowledge to adjust it yourself, but even a skilled mechanic in a shop with a full array of tools can't adjust the camber without having the camber bolts installed.

The questions is whether or not changing your ride height by an inch or two will change the steering angles enough to warrant an alignment. Since the NISMO shocks will only give you about an inch of lift, I think you'll be okay.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Oops, 2nd gens. don't have camber bolts? Another reason to stick w/my '01
Some do. My 2005 came with them, but most built after 2006 don't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts