Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people think it is important to get an allignment after getting new wheels/tires?

Is it really worth it your not having allignment issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
602 Posts
imo i would spend a little more and get aligned dont want to ruin new tires

but someone who actually knows something will post up

·
Registered
321 Posts
if you have the money its well worth it....even if you dont think you have alignment issues like your steering wheel being straight and stuff, your toe or camber might still be off and cause premature tire wear like feathering or cupping.... I personally say yes its worth it especially if you off-road or drive on rough roads, bolts do move over time. just my opinion

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
if you just dropped a bunch of bones down on new shoes, you should have them check the alingment. Why not get started with an even wear pattern and maximize the life of your investment.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Alignments are useless. They only save your tires and make them last longer which is absolute crap. I think everyone should purposly keep their tires all wacked out. It helps built very defensive driving skills and it lets you experience more sets of tires. Heck, if you are lucky, you can have a different tire on each corner, that will make it awesome.

Well, in all honesty, an alignment is a cheap investment to make sure you have even tire wear and good road manners. Plus, if you get the 5 year alignment special for 150 bucks, you can bring it in every day or every 3 months to make sure it is still within spec. This will ensure your tires last and your trucks rides nice.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
A proper alignment will make a world of difference for tire life.

That being said, I don't get an alignment unless I have poor tire wear or some other indicator that one is needed.

How did your previous tires wear?
Does the truck track straight?
Etc.
Etc.

If there is no indication of a problem I don't take it in for an alignment.
Just my two cents.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
place i buy my tires from does free alignments when you buy 4 tires. my truck was perfect when i put my new tires on so no alignment needed, as i expected because all tires were the same with no inside/outside tire ware. if your old tires wore weird then get the alignment, if the all wore even, dont worry about it. check them in 2-3k miles and if there wearing funny, then have the alignment done.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
If no wear patterns on old tires that indicate improper alignment, I see no reason.

·
Registered
257 Posts
As long as the tires are wearing properly I don't touch it.... It on my other vehicles it seems as soon as I had the alignment done it was always off. if the tires wear fine and it doesn't pull; I don't touch it. Only 67k miles and still on the OE tires but the wear is fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts