Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to do the upgrade on the rear differential and wanted to get opinions as to which company makes the better vent kit. I see on Offroad Gorilla's site they offer their kit with a plastic disposable filter or a higher quality aluminum filter. If you purchased the Offroad Gorilla kit, make mention as to which filter you got.

·
Registered
33 Posts
you can either make one DIY for cheap, or I would go with the Offroad Gorilla Kit.

I have their aluminum filter one for a year and its great!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I would piece my own with a clear filter, that way you can periodically look at it and see if needs replaced later down the road...
The offroad gorilla kit does come with a clear filter. I see a lot of people piecing their own together to save a couple of bucks, I just went with ORG because it is already put together and all you have to do is install. the time you would've spent piecing a kit together yourself, I used to kick back and drink a beer after my install was done.

sure, if this was a kit that could potentially save you hundreds of dollars by piecing a kit together yourself (like a titan swap or something large) then I'm all for gathering your own parts - but we are talking about like $5 difference here.. not to mention ORG does free shipping, with gas prices these days lol might as well have it sent to your door instead of driving around wasting gas to put your kit together. 🍻

Reactions: MPETE and VqPowah

·
Registered
2016 Frontier CCSB VS 4WD
51 Posts
I went with ORG with the upgraded filter. Like others have said, you can piece this together cheaper but I like the convince factor of just clicking a button and the whole thing shows up at my door. It's been on for a couple years now with no issues.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Details of my home-brewed filter kit. One of my first mods, it seemed important. I still believe they are.

·
Registered
562 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
$24.25 in parts before tax, plus your time tracking everything down - or $29.50 plus free shipping to my door. I'm lazy, worth the extra $5 to me
Probably depends on where you live if tracking everything down takes time...took about 30 minutes roundtrip for me to get everything and be back at my place in the garage.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thirty minutes of my retired time is about 25 bucks, still seems cheaper to use ORG, but to get the real story we need Steveie to give us his opinion. What say you oh great Steveie
exactly.. 30 miles round trip plus time shopping in the store is at least 30mins of time.... with that being said that is only $10/hr rate maxxxx.. my time is worth a little more than that so to just take the work out of it and send it directly to me with free shipping is worth it IMO. (y)

Reactions: MPETE

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you can either make one DIY for cheap, or I would go with the Offroad Gorilla Kit.

I have their aluminum filter one for a year and its great!
Have you had to clean the aluminum filter yet? Does it seem easy to take apart and clean?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What filter comes with the ORG kit? I might just get it from them to save time... 😁 lol
From what I am seeing on their website, they offer a disposable plastic filter or you can order an upgraded aluminum filter that is washable for $5 more. I'm considering the aluminum filter. I'd like more information from someone here who has one to find out how often the filter has to be cleaned and whether they are easy to clean with little down time.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts