Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had a hard time tracking this one down. I’ve got a 2018 Frontier. Out of nowhere the speedometer and odometer quit, and the ABS, 4 x 4, traction control, and brake lights all came on. I’ve still got the tail end of the warranty, so I brought it in to the dealer. So far they’ve replaced an ABS actuator. That fixed it for a day, and then it came back. They’d never seen this before. Is this something anybody else has experienced with this thing? I’m going to be on my own next month when this warranty is done, and I’m curious if this is a reoccurring thing.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I've never experienced it. But even if your warranty lapses if it's an ongoing issue they are working on you should have good cause to argue that they should fix it.

·
Registered
2012 CC SV LB
3 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2012 CC. Check the wiring harness connection box located on the frame under the passengers side door up near the mud guard. There should be a plastic shield over it but it pops off with the help of a flat screw driver. The connector comes apart by sliding a lever back to unlock it then it can be pulled apart. Mine had some corrosion in it and after cleaning it up all went back to normal. If it's not that then I would check from there back for any signs of wire harness damage. It seems all of your symptoms are coming from the rear of the truck. That's how I tracked my issue down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same issue on my 2012 CC. Check the wiring harness connection box located on the frame under the passengers side door up near the mud guard. There should be a plastic shield over it but it pops off with the help of a flat screw driver. The connector comes apart by sliding a lever back to unlock it then it can be pulled apart. Mine had some corrosion in it and after cleaning it up all went back to normal. If it's not that then I would check from there back for any signs of wire harness damage. It seems all of your symptoms are coming from the rear of the truck. That's how I tracked my issue down.
Thanks, I appreciate the tip. For now there was a ground near the ABS actuator on the back that didn't seem to be making good contact. That fixed it for now, but I'll keep an eye on that harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts