Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've finally made up my mind on what to do with my truck performance wise. I've read on other forums that while sometimes adding an intake or an exhaust just by itself will result in the loss of low end torque etc.. My question is should I just go ahead and install a CIA, exhaust, and tbs all at ones or should i give the truck some time to accomodate with the added power ecu wise? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I did my CAI and exhaust at different times, but only because I did not have the money
to do both at the same time. I am not going to do the TBS as I am not sure that it will
really do anything to enhance the power of my truck.

OkieScot

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
I really think its mostly up to your wallet. You should reset the computer every time you mod the engine anyway to give it a fresh start. No matter if you put everything you want on it or just one thing.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I feel the end result will be the same! Each part adds in it's own way, but I don't think the benefit of one is enhanced or reduced by another. Adding everything at one time just gives you the end result immediately, rather than stretchng it over time.

As for the TBS, it won't add any HP, that's not what it's desiged to do. It will give a bit more low end/mid range torque, and arguably better gas mileage. I did see a noticeable increase in low end and mid range torque after installing the TBS, but it was added last and I did feel a noticeable loss in low end torque after installing the 3" exhaust system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts