Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2016 king cab Sv pro4/X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this subject us beaten to death but here we go! Anyone else gave recent problems with Alcans going flat brand new? I Titan swapped my king cab pro 4/x and was supposed to get 3” of lift out of my leafs w/out blocks. I got lift but it’s all from my shackle snd my springs are pretty flat after 1 trip. Anyone know the proper dimensions for the leaves w/the 3” lift and 500lb over weight cap.? Attached are pics of brand new Alcans after 1 trip. The truck is empty w/nothing in cab. The cap and drawer system is 310 lbs. supposed to be 500 lbs over stock capacity. Not to mention my original order from Nisstec said Frontier 3.5” lift then after that the shipments all said Xterra 2.5”. After weeks and and a dozen e-mails Chris sent me pictures of his order sheet that read “Frontier 2” lift”. Blamed it on Alcans “if anything is wrong”. I sent pics to Alcans who replied “they are def flat snd dangerous snd not good, did you get them from Nisstec?”. Alcans said they have no record of my truck in the system but all the sudden Nisstec says that Alcans will build new springs for me “even though he knows they’re right”. Anyone have a familiar story or dimensions? First pics 2 are empty, second 2 are w/ 500 lbs. added. They are supposed to be around 1900 lbs w/ these.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 king cab Sv pro4/X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I’ve done the measurements and they seem to be either stock frontiers or Xterra springs. With about 500 lbs in the back they’re flat flat and the front is almost revere camber at the eye bolts. The guys at the garage said they had to press em to get em on. Eye to eye they were too short. Front(a) is roughly 261/2”
Rear(b) is roughly 281/2”
It’s 11-1/2” from frame to axle

·
Registered
2016 king cab Sv pro4/X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did that as well, hub to fender is 25”
Hub to front end fender is 18-1/2”
Hub to rear is 17-1/2”
My shackles are on the last hole and leaning toward my rear bumper.
Looks like all the lift is from my shackle.
The kit was originally ordered for 3.5” of lift on the whole truck but the shipping receipts say 2.5” and the receipts they sent me pictures of (weird) look nothing like mine and say 2” of lift.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
You are the second person that I know of that appears to have gotten the wrong Alcan's when going through Nisstech. The other gut got Xterra springs when his order shows he ordered for a Frontier. After a bunch of trial and error, I find it is best to order direct from the manufacturer when possible. I order Alcan's direct as well as directly from Radflo and Dirt King. Each middle man is another place for errors to occur.

Reactions: woodtemple

·
Registered
2016 king cab Sv pro4/X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are the second person that I know of that appears to have gotten the wrong Alcan's when going through Nisstech. The other gut got Xterra springs when his order shows he ordered for a Frontier. After a bunch of trial and error, I find it is best to order direct from the manufacturer when possible. I order Alcan's direct as well as directly from Radflo and Dirt King. Each middle man is another place for errors to occur.
I agree, I should have learned to do it myself when my Xterra are 8k from builders and died. building this truck has been a total nightmare, every vendor / fabricator besides one Has either taken longer than their lead time(p&p by 7 weeks), not delivered what I ordered or the correct parts(Nisstec and P&P) and has terrible or Zero customer service. Many don’t even use phones and charge prior. Better yet 4-5 of em are all buddies and half of the industry is owned by the same people. I’d send my springs back but at this point they want me to load all my stuff in my truck and get my axles weighed then send my springs back to get new ones.on my dime. We’ve all read how that goes. If anyone one wants to see the truth check the 5 star reviews on half these guys cuz somehow they get the bad ones removed and people are posting them there.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Nisstec took over 6 months to get my random components for my titan swap. Then didn't send everything and left stuff out of my order. It was a nightmare. Calling them yielded zero results. I won't be giving them any more of my business.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Hope they get you sorted out soon.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Have used a ton of Toytec products through the years. I live about an hour away from the Nisstec/Toytec facility and was planning on swinging through there and checking out some of the Nissan specific things there. They must have gone downhill, because neither myself or any of my friends ever had any trouble with them before. Guess I should rethink going there anymore.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
If you can pick up something in stock, that may be different. It is when you use these places as a middleman that there are issues.

Reactions: Matty4x4ever

·
Registered
2016 king cab Sv pro4/X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yah they were good to order from and everything works good any the kid on the phone was helpful. The setup they suggested has been crushing trails but when the alcans finally came in they’re just wrong and there should be no issue with getting new ones, especially when the manufacturer states they’re wrong and need replacement. Frustrating and costly.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Never had problems with Chris from Nisstec or his parts, I been doing business with him since 2005 and if there was somthing wrong he would fix it ASAP. I have notice lately with this COVID situation that a lot more company had to shut down production but that's out of his control. Best of luck and i hope you get your rig up and running how you want it.

·
Registered
2016 king cab Sv pro4/X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know they do good work I also hear a lot from out of state customers that can’t get parts or whatever. Alcans is not shut down and if they were he shouldn’t offer parts that they can’t get. You wouldn’t happen to have the dimensions I’m looking for would you?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I posted because I am really looking for what the dimensions should be on my truck w/ 3” lift. Anyone?
I didn't go with alcans but @AlldogsOffroad leafs. They might be worth reaching out to for specific measurements even though you didn't purchase through them, they'll likely still be willing to help.

Reactions: Matty4x4ever

·
Registered
296 Posts
I didn't go with alcans but @AlldogsOffroad leafs. They might be worth reaching out to for specific measurements even though you didn't purchase through them, they'll likely still be willing to help.
with their BROverland leafs, he would have the extra strength for the weight in the back also. granted they're only a 2" lift leaf but with a shackle he should be able to achieve the 3" he's looking for.

Reactions: Skinny06

·
Registered
2016 king cab Sv pro4/X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Once again, looking for dimensions on 500lb+ 2016 frontier pro/4x SV full length leafs w/a 3-4” lift, thank you all for weighing in your opinions on the people who sold me the leaves that are flat. If no one has those dimensions (figured for sure someone would) then does anyone have any suggestions on an add a leaf pack or a helper spring that guarantee I won’t die after wasting $850 on these? I may not be a smart man but I do know what leaves is.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Once again, looking for dimensions on 500lb+ 2016 frontier pro/4x SV full length leafs w/a 3-4” lift, thank you all for weighing in your opinions on the people who sold me the leaves that are flat. If no one has those dimensions (figured for sure someone would) then does anyone have any suggestions on an add a leaf pack or a helper spring that guarantee I won’t die after wasting $850 on these? I may not be a smart man but I do know what leaves is.
I believe hellwig makes helper springs that are sub $200. I know I've seen a few posts about them here.

This is a bummer man, I hope some helper springs do the trick!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts