Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2015 Pro 4X Crew Cab. I just had a custom Alcan leaf pack put on that was supposed to give me 3” of lift. Also had Radflo 2.5” coilovers for 2.5” of lift installed up front at the same time. I think I only got about 1.5” out of the Alcans. Bill at Alcan told me it is impossible. They build leafs all the time for Frontiers. Stock arc is 4.75” and they built my leafs with 7.75” of arc. I measured the stock leaf that came off and they were around 6” of arc. He said I can pull the new leafs and send them back for him to look at but that will require me to pay to put everything back to stock just to have to pay to get it installed again. Unacceptable to me and he has already made up his mind they did nothing wrong.

Question to the experts, I am not one. What should my measurement be from center rear hub to fender with 3” of lift on my truck? I have about 22.5"/22.75" in the back and 22.75"/23" in the front. Second question, are there different leafs with different arcs for the Frontiers? I found more than one part number and most were for king cabs. Nissan ran my VIN and told me my truck needs a 55020-EB00A leaf. I can find the part on the web but not the arc. Any help is appreciated. I plan to put a 1” block in next week to fix the lift. By my calculations I should measure about 23.5"/24".

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,584 Posts
I don't have measurements available for you, but I specifically went to a shop that built custom leaves so that I walked out with exactly what I wanted - 3" of lift with a heavy spring. What's the point of adding a block if you paid for proper 3" leaves?

·
Premium Member
5,599 Posts
I am just guessing but they may have increased the arc but compresses with the full weight of the truck.
The leaf pack in the second photo were PRG Deaver. They were too soft and compressed to much( not PRG fault. Truck became too heavy). First photo is the new Deaver pack. Got exactly what I asked for as far as lift. I think they are too stiff and will mix the leaves from both packs to get it right.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm adding the block because I need 3" of lift after adding the 2.5" up front. The Alcan's did not deliver the lift and I'm not willing to spend the money to pull everything off and send it back when they have already said they built the leaf correctly. I think they got it wrong but can't prove it. Hopefully someone can give me specs on my springs.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Can you take pics of them installed? curious to see what angle your shackles are at. Someone got alcans that had a longer main leaf which pushed the shackle back at like a 45° angle which caused him to lose lift.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Pictures of the shackle, leafs installed and arc measurement. Round 2. Had to make smaller.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Something definitely seems wrong. You should get some lift shackles instead of blocks. Did you add any over weight to the leafs when you ordered them? Most do at least 150lbs over.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leafs are new, about 200 miles on them. They are supposed to have the same capacity as stock, verified that will Alcan. Only thing on the back is bakflip tonneau cover and hitch. Should not be enough weight to make a big difference. Selected block over shackle for two reasons. With block I will know how much lift I am getting (I already have a set of 1" blocks from old nisstec lift) and PRG recommends block over shackle if you are going to off road it. "If you beat the hell out of your truck, the shackle is not a good choice without the spring upgrade." The springs are upgraded but I don't have a lot of faith in them, might already be drooping. I'll be stopping by my local shop Monday to get their opinion before I make a final decision. Not bringing the truck in until Thursday.

·
Premium Member
5,599 Posts
Send a photo to Alcan and see what they say.
You should not have to pay for something that does not meet what they claim.

Reactions: Dirty Dave

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Couldn't agree more. I've sent them pictures (11) and they say they built leafs for 3" of lift. Problem is on my end because they know the spring they built is correct. I don't think they used the correct stock spring reference but that is just my theory. According to Alcan the stock spring arc is 4.75", my old one measured 6.5" when it was removed. If anything it would think it should of had less arc. That is why I'm asking in the forum to see if someone can give me something I can go back to Alcan with. As of Friday they were willing to do nothing except look at their spring if I paid to demod my truck and send it back for them. It is cheaper for me to correct the lift than go through all of that. Also no guarantee they would do anything. I'd like to find a 55020-EB00A leaf to measure the arc but no luck finding specs on line and my local dealer does not have one.

Reactions: RedFox67

·
Premium Member
5,599 Posts
I am not sure of the part# but I have a set of stock springs. I will check the arc tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the offer Whistler, I'm curious. Looks like you have a king cab. Your spring will probably measure 4.25 to 4.75. As best I can tell the spring I'm looking for fits 2005-2017 LE, Off Road and Pro 4X.

·
Premium Member
5,599 Posts
Just measured them. Centerline of mounting holes to inside radius of springs, 4.5".
Not what you wanted to hear.
Hope everything works out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
First of all, sorry about your situation.

Second, are you the original owner of the truck? Maybe the leafs you pulled off are aftermarket?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Original owner. Had a Nisstec lift put on about 2 years ago. Rear was OEM spring with 2" add a leaf and 1" block. Front was the Nisstec coilover and 1" block. Florida sand destroyed the coilover bushings so I decided to upgrade everything. Getting no where with Alcan. They don't respond to emails and I don't want to call so Bill can be a dick on the phone again. Local shop talked me into adding 1.5" shackles. They said the new spring looks strong enough, just wasn't built to the correct specs.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can't win for losing. Had 1.5" shackle installed today. Got my 3" of lift but right shackle is touching exhaust and new leaf pack is definitely flat now. Alcan screwed me but will not acknowledge it so I'm stuck with what I've got. I'm nervous about putting anything in the back. There are eight leafs in the Alcan solution, hopefully they will allow me to load 300-400 lbs the back for hunting season. They were supposed to be built to stock capacity.

·
Premium Member
5,599 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with Alcan.
I can see taking their word for what they claimed. Easily believable.
There are other companies that make ridiculous claims and sell their products to naive,unsuspecting, buyers.
Hope things work out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts