Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to start a thread on this subject to see what specs everybody running Alcans has. I want to know how precise they are as far as lift, meaning, when you order them at 2" of lift is that what you get? do they settle? and what weight over did everybody go. Lets make it simple and try to answer like this,

Frontier or Xterra

Titan Swap - yes/no

Shackles - yes/no (if yes where are they set)

What amount of lift did you order

How much weight over did you order? why?

Results - Are you at level, higher in the rear or lower

·
Registered
324 Posts
Xterra

Titan Swap - no
Shackles - no
What amount of lift did you order? 2.5"
How much weight over did you order? why? 350lbs - I went with the heaviest cargo I've been carrying recently. I'm sure my camping gear weighs less than 350lbs, but I've been carrying brick and sand in the X, so I went with that. It personally don't find it too stiff for daily, unloaded driving.

I don't have any extra armor besides sliders.

Results - Little higher in the rear right now. I bought 2.5" assuming they would settle eventually.

·
Registered
675 Posts
This would be good info for a bunch of CF members myself included that haven't lifted and or just replaced the weaker oem packs. Come on I know there's more of you out there riding these Alcan's.

I had contacted Alcan a month or so ago explained to Bill what I do what I have and lift I wanted 1" or so rake when unloaded so a 2 to 2.5 lift and he came back with #300 over stock but now looking at what bwebb702 is running Bills estimate might be to low.
I do on occasion load the pu bed about 500lbs I also pull 2 different trailers a small 10' single axle an a larger about 20' car hauler with a small 3500lb CUT on it about 5k total to maintain the some fields out in E.Texas. I was running SuperSprings which worked really well kept pu level while towing that was until I replaced shocks and front coils lifting the front so I put in Deaver 2pack AAL's which leveled it out but this setup is too weak with oem leaf pack and pulling the trailer the AAL's do not work with SS well so took them out and haven't towed as much lately.

The nice thing about the SSprings were unloaded you didn't really notice but when towing and cornering they were great I would really like to find someway of keeping a comfortable ride when unloaded and not worry worry when loaded

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm interested in this subject as well. My Calmini kit is on order so I'll be sitting around 8" of lift with the titan swap. My plan is to go with 5"-6" lift alcans with 300-500lbs over stock. That way I can run adjustable shackles to level it out and still have the extra weight capacity for towing, rear bumper, and possible tailgate mounted spare

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My biggest dilema is figuring out if I need 2" lift or 3". I use the middle setting on the shackles which is 1.5" so in theory going with 2" alcans would give me 3.5" of lift and would be perfect for my titan swap since I am right at 4" up front. I suppose I could move the shackle to the next setting. I just dont want to be over an inch of rake in the back, 1/2" would be best, and definitely not lower like it is now.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
Hard to compare lifts because of the many variables.
You need to add more information for each vehicle.
V6 or 4 banger, 4x or two wheel drive, crew cab or extra cab, short bed or long bed. armor, bumpers,etc.?
Two inch lift springs will probably actually lower my truck.
The main reason is different corner weights.
I actually have the corner weights of my truck when it was bone stock. Actual "CG" also.That was the first thing I did when I started building my truck. I will try and find it.

Reactions: mdashoot

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hard to compare lifts because of the many variables.
You need to add more information for each vehicle.
V6 or 4 banger, 4x or two wheel drive, crew cab or extra cab, short bed or long bed. armor, bumpers,etc.?
Two inch lift springs will probably actually lower my truck.
The main reason is different corner weights.
I actually have the corner weights of my truck when it was bone stock. Actual "CG" also.That was the first thing I did when I started building my truck. I will try and find it.
Good point. I guess if you have Alcans you gave all of these specs to them or whoever you ordered them from so the question is, when you got your Alcans installed did they give you the lift you wanted? Do they hold the weight up to what you added before sagging?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Frontier

Titan Swap - Yes

Shackles - Yes, 1.5" of lift

What amount of lift did you order? - 2"

How much weight over did you order? why? - 300lbs over. Future plans for an Insain Fab Rear Bumper, have a 33" Spare, have quite a bit of recovery gear, Extra capacity for my Camping Gear.

Results - I am sitting at 24" hub to fender in the front (4" of lift) and 24.75" hub to fender in the rear (3.75" of lift). This is not with the full 300lbs in the rear, probably closer to 75lbs. This is closer to level than stock but still a little higher in the back, I like the look.

I haven't put the full weight back there yet, but talking to Nisstec, they say the lift is at the capacity you asked for. It will be more of a stink bug with out the weight.

Here is a pic in the parking lot after about 100 miles on the setup:

20170627_144852 by Christopher Smiley, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info. That looks about perfect.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, Alcans have been ordered. I went with 2" of lift and 500lbs over after we added up everything in my bed plus future plans.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Wondering how your Alcans turned out? I just had a set installed last week. Was supposed to get 3" of lift and got about 1.5". That is with nothing in the back.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wondering how your Alcans turned out? I just had a set installed last week. Was supposed to get 3" of lift and got about 1.5". That is with nothing in the back.
They have not been delivered yet. What lift did you order? Did you add any weight to them? Xterra or Frontier?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They have not been delivered yet. What lift did you order? Did you add any weight to them? Xterra or Frontier?

Ok, I see you have a Frontier

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally got the Alcans on after getting the wrong ones and having to wait for the new ones. The install was pretty easy, the only issue with the Alcans are the rear bushings, they are too thick to slide into PRG shackles but nothing a sanding wheel couldn't fix.

2011 SV 4X4 with an M226 locked rear
Titan Swapped with Titan locked front diff
PRG Shackles on middle setting
Springs are supposed to be 2.5" of lift with
500lbs added weight.

I definitely got every bit of that from them but time will tell if they settle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts