Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

First off its been a long time since I have been on the forums. I would like to know if there are any members that live in Alaska. Close to Anchorage. I will be moving there in about 6-8 months and I would like to know how well a 2wd frontier would do out there. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Going there to teach?

I spent 4 months in Anchorage for an internship in college. I also was in Egegik and King Salmon a different time for 4 months. I was there April - August. They get about 70 inches of snow a year in the city. It never got over 75ish while I was there. Its cooler climate for sure. They are considered a subarctic climate.

Locals said it was more of a cloudy winter, which means minimal melting.

4x4 all the way man, its a night and day difference in the snow. Trucks that are 2wd are not good in the snow at all, a 2wd pathy or X would do better than the truck imho.

The Iditarod starts some years in Anchorage lol. (dog sled race).

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the heads up! Im actually getting stationed there. I was thinking of bringing my truck up. But im also thinking of just trying to find a wrx while im up there instead. I wanna see what Alaska has to offer. Seems like a beautiful place.

·
Registered
191 Posts
HEY!! I am stationed at Elmendorf AFB. This is my second winter here. Last winter i put 12 big cinder blocks in the back and the truck did fine. I barely used 4X4. I just got back from the sand box so I missed out most of the winter but I dont think I have used the 4X4 since I got back either. Where are you getting stationed?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im Going to Elmendorf. I have a buddy who is guard there. My report by date is sept 1. I cant wait to get there

·
Registered
191 Posts
Awesome. You will love it up here.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey everyone I got up here a couple months ago. Been busy in processing and what not. Anyways, Id like to meet some of there people out here. Ive been doing fine so far with my truck. Got studded tires and some weight in the back. I figured as long as im not hauling *** when going places I should be fine.

If anyone is down to meet up sometime pm me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i think i saw you going down the road next to Burger King the other day. Im the guy with the lift blue titan. WE can meet up even though I dont have my fronty any more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts