Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my 2001 XE from a dealer and it came with an aftermarket alarm. Heres the problem,I can't use it,it came with no remote or paperwork so I don't know who made it. I checked the siren,under the dash,the valet button on the kick panel,the motion sensor zip tied to the steering colum and all the storage areas but I see no stickers or markings that would tell me who made it. Also I have not yet found the brain I've looked under the dash and under the seats with no luck.I dropped the glove box door but on my truck theres a piece of plastic thats part of dash in the way so to see behind I'll have to remove the whole glove box assembly. At this stage of the game I'm open to suggestions from any of you Fronty owners.Stab.:confused:

·
Registered
306 Posts
All the wires should lead back to the brain. I installed my own alarm and found the best place to put the brain is behind the dash just to the right of the steering column. There is a metal bracket there and enough room to mount an alarm.

·
Registered
890 Posts
ya just try to trace t he wires, might also be in the center of the dash somewhere, behind the stereo, or in the center console area, or possibly in the driver kick panel area

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responce guys.I've already looked under the dash and in the kick panel but I'll look under the dash again. I traced the siren wires from under the hood thru the firewall and down into the drivers side kick panel,from there they are wrapped into the wire harness that runs under the kick plate and goes to the rear of the truck.So I'm thinking that the brain might be mounted on rear wall below the window.What amazes me is that on all the components I've seen so far there are no manufacturers markings.Usually with this kind of thing they are all over the place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.