Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing an install with the Viper 5902 tomorrow on my truck, a 08 Frontier CC SE 4x4 with tow package.

I spent yesterday finding most all of the wires and was able to find everything but the door trigger wires. The colors dont match. So after surfing the net for every schematic, i found the 08 repair manual on here and verified that the listings were correct, yet the wires still dont match the BCM.

First question, the BCM is to the right of the steering column and requires the lower dash at knee level to see w/o climbing under the dash, correct?

And two, anyone whos done the install on the 08, or any other related year, did your trigger wires have different colors?

I am waiting to rip my dash apart until tomorrow when the unit arrives, but just thought I'd try to get this figured out tonight as its the last connections I need to prep in order to just plug in the Viper unit and also the DLPK bypass.

·
Registered
424 Posts
First off, I have a 2005 CC, not a 2008. I spliced into a wire on terminal 63 of the M20 plug that plugs into the BCM when I installed my LEDs. I had to remove the two 10 MM screws to access the BCM.

The BCM has 3 plugs, 2 white and 1 black. The M20 plug is the black plug. Pinch the ends of the connector and pull hard and it will come out of the BCM.

I hope this will help you locate the BCM and hopefully find the connections you are looking for.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do you think the Dome Light will work as a door trigger? What happens if you switch the light off on the ceiling? And would some sort of delay be needed to be placed on it so the alarm wont trip right when it arms.

·
Registered
424 Posts
So do you think the Dome Light will work as a door trigger? What happens if you switch the light off on the ceiling? And would some sort of delay be needed to be placed on it so the alarm wont trip right when it arms.
No, I don't think the Dome lihgt will work as an alarm trigger for your truck, I was just using excerpts from my previous post to demonstrate where the BCM is located on my truck. The terminal I tapped was the ground signal that is supplied by the BCM when the dome lights are required by the door opening. Switching the dome lights by the switch on the ceiling just supplies the ground from a different source.

Did you scour through the service manuals available for download here: http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/frontier-service-manuals-available-download-46290/? I used the manuals to locate that ground signal I was looking for, so I hope you can have success find your signal as well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well technically theres four signals I have to find one for each door, but as in your case, the colors listed on each door trigger (since CC has 4 doors) are not correct, but I am just going to use a DMM and get to it that way. No one seems to have the same issue so tomorrow Ill just tear into it.

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
You want to use the seperate wires for door triggers. The easy way to find the colors is remove each pin switch, one screw each and you can see the wire color. Using a multi meter you can also test each wire at the BCM, you'll have to diode isolate the wires. If you connect the black/white dome light supervision wire to any of the door triggers the interior lights will turn on for 30 seconds when you disarm the alarm, they will also flash when the alarm is triggered.

·
Registered
890 Posts
that viper should allow you to use the dome light as your trigger, much easier as you will not need to diode isolate anything, just test to see if you still get trigger with the domelight in the off position(although i still dont see why people turn them off) and you will have to program out the reminder beep for when the alarm thinks a door is still open upon arming with domelight on

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha got to double checking, I am using the DLPK kit from xpresskit to act as a transponder bypass for remote start and it automatically monitors door pins and controls locks via the CANbus. Therefore, the only wire I have to locate is the drivers door wire which cuts things down from 4 to 1. Shouldnt take long with a DMM to verify that! Woohoo!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No T-Taps, all solder... well for the most part.

I prefer to make my alarms removable, but painfully. I use spare wire and solder in about a 2 inch strip. at the other end, I use insulated spade male and female connector that crimps on to connect the alarm wire to the wire soldered in to the designated wire. then once everythings connected, I get all the common wires together in an area and tape them up into bundles and then zip tie them to various other bundles. Looks descrete, stock, and yet can easily be removed if I decide to sell or brain dies, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts